Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Igal Lichtman (aka Mrs. Jello) has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domainpreneur

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did not get the opportunity to meet Igal in person, but we exchanged emails this summer.

For being a down to earth guy, I purchased igallichtman.com and transferred it to him.

May he rest in peace.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I met Igal in 2008 at a traffic show. He seemed to have a gruff exterior, but after chatting with him he was very pleasant and had a great sense of humor. We talked a bit about domains...or let me say...I listened to him talk about domains - he had so much knowledge to share which I appreciated. He also bought a domain name from me after the show. He was certainly someone who did not follow, but created his own path. He will be missed.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thank you for posting that video, Adam. It's how great men should be remembered, it's how great men should remember as well.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not to bring business into this thread, but is his family familiar with the domain business enough to manage or sell his assets if they wish? I didn't know him or his family, perhaps Adam or Theo (or anyone close) might offer their assistance when the time is right. I'm sure since this announcement there are plenty of vultures searching for names dropping from his accounts.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
south, I'm almost 100% certain this won't be an issue. But it's a reminder for everyone else among us, to think of such an event in the future. Domain Guardians offers a service related to this need.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He run/manage a number of companies. Im sure his shares will go to his family.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a great loss.. Mrs. Jello was a true visionary. Condolences to all his friends and family....

Naruto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
he recently bought a domain from me when i needed help/money the most. u'll always be remembered. rip igal aka mrs jello

Dorin

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As Igal's previous partner, I am very sad when I read this news again. I worked with him as partner managing domainspa asia business from 2007 to the end of 2010. He is always straight and honest. In Oct, 2012, I contacted Gal who is another previous partner and talked about to visit Igal when I was in LA. I am feeling very sorry for not able to visit him, I didn't know this was the last chance.

May he rest in peace.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just days ago that I found out it was actually a guy. I had seen his posts here and all along I thought it was a woman. I wonder why he picked that nickname,
It goes back to the early days in the drops (early 2000's). He used to get quite a kick out of people assuming he was a woman!

One day he called me up and said "I don't like your avatar so I had a new one designed for you." Free of course. You can see it in this post :) He was a great guy and will be missed.

Yum

Editor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
R.I.P good man.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Feel weird reading that a domainer has passed away.- Normally they're on the young side for the most part but have come across mature domainers.-

Still find it unfortunate he died at just 61 and I wonder if he'd been sick or it just happened like that.- Hope his family has found the comfort they needed and a domainer friend who can look after his domains.

mgstudent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very sad to hear:(

He died in Feb 2013. I think there was a thread here.
The more I read about Igal, the more successful and kind he seemed to be.

Update: thought I was replying to a new thread (not a new post on the old thread).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators