• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale I'll make you rich !!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 4749
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last I heard (about a year ago) the most expensive item sold on Ebay was a jet sold to an African nation. It went for over 4 million.
 
it was 3 years ago and the auction selling the jet ended for $4.9 million.
 
mr800king - Domain King?
chrischena - Chena?

Yes.

mr800king= domainking (erealestate.com/porno.com etc)
ChrisChena= DNF member Krisblade I believe
 
It will be interesting to see the out come of this auction - Exposure alone if the reserve is met will be media joy for any publicist, let alone the new buyer - That alone is worth money.

Time for someone to make themselves stand out from the crowd and become part of ebay history........ as elequa crawls out the shadows to make his bid within the closing seconds :D

Great names though Yakov - Best of luck
 
Seems to me that uglypeople is looking for some exposure during this auction and a few other people have low feedback records who bid recently. I would imagine that by people not taking this auction seriously shill bidding could result. Maybe if the reserve is met people will have second thoughts about bidding. But I guess what's the worst that can happen....bad feedback? That in itself might be good exposure. I don't know that i'd take ebay seriously in this situation or their ability to enforce such a large auction were it to come down to that. But it's the only venue (almost) we have to work with so we will see.
 
You can always put it onto 'pre-approved bidders only'
 
I hate it when Yakov has dozens of names in his collection that are EACH worth more than my life! :-(
 
I'm still waiting for someone to throw out a high bid just to feel out the reserve and then retract it. I though someone would have done it by now.
 
sellinbiz said:
I'm still waiting for someone to throw out a high bid just to feel out the reserve and then retract it. I though someone would have done it by now.

I wasn't aware you could retract a bid without a valid reason or at all.
 
I haven't had to retract a bid for at least a year now, but in the past you could always say the reason was you added an extra 0 or placed the bid in error. You could even put your reason in <> to hid it, but knowing Ebay things have probably changed.
 
So are you gonna reveal us the reserve ?
 
eBay: $200.00 and up 1% of Reserve Price (with a maximum of $100.00)

Maximum is $100

encodedbrain said:
1% of 600,000 (assumed reserve) is $6000. 8-)
 
Sure, let me login into my ebay account...
 
Final Price, 300.9k
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom