Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I'll put a bet that the value of exact match domains will go down in near future

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Click thru rates are one of the most powerful rank improvement factors for Google.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, I am beginning to think that the only way to make money with Google is to be actually employed by them.

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
EMD's are DONE for now. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial. This news is a week old at the very least. However, on the bright side, there is Bing!

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eh nevermind.

Last edited:

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
6 month ago I've created this thread , now I guess it's time to refresh this. As you know another google algo released , which hugely devalued the seo power of exact match domains. So what do you think about the future of EMD domains

http://searchengineland.com/low-quality-exact-match-domains-are-googles-next-target-134889

It indicates "Low Quality" EMD. My high quality domains are still receiving some Google love with very little work.
Aside from that, strong EMD will still receive natural type in traffic, which most newer domainers know nothing about.

taxhour

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You were spot on 6 months ago... Visionary, should be a millionaire by now :)

If before EMDs had BIG SEO advantage over non-EMDs right now it is the opposite, EMD is a disadvantage but it is possible to overcome..

I own many EMD domains and 95% of them lost their rankings.. Overall, I would say that most of them can be considered to be low quality in comparison with some other sites, BUT some websites were really good and were loved by many. For example I have a website with 2k of monthly returning visitors (I guess the site is not that crappy afterall, huh) that got hurt by this update.

Even though my revenues decreased 5 times I think that this update was good for the industry in general. EMDs based websites had the upper hand for way too long.

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It would be my preference that EMD's held MORE value and by giving EMD's very strong signal strength it would actually limit the spam sites out there. Why? because EMD's would increase dramatically in value and likely be acquired by real business people looking to build real businesses. It makes sense, would clean up the SE, increase the value of domains and promote the best results to the top.

What we have going on now though is the opposite, everyone's just trying to figure out hot to game Google and many companies are just going to throw the SEO strategy in the trash, and then put that marketing budget to use for Adwords. This is great news for Google's revenue's.

Puckerhuddle

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jstewart:
I like your take on that subject. We should all remember that "G" is in this for themselves first and that the desire to improve the internet experience is their particular version of what it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom