Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I'm a noob. Where and how should I sell my domains?

nikitas

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum so please take it easy on me.
So, throughout the past couple of year I have acquired some domains since I'm a software engineer and through working on different projects, I got interested in this market.
I want to sell about 24 domains at this moment and I was wondering what would be the best practice in selling my domains. Which approach is typically the most profitable?

1. Should I auction the domains?
2. Should I set a fixed price or a starting price?
3. Do I have to transfer my domains to auction sites in order to sell them there?
4. Can I sell my domains on multiple sites at the same time?
5. Any tips/advice learned through experience?
6. What other questions should I be asking?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3. Do I have to transfer my domains to auction sites in order to sell them there?

Hi nikitas

that depends on you, but if you do, set a reserve price that you would be happy with getting.

you can set a fixed price or "Buy It Now" (BIN) price or list as "Make offer" and set a minimum price that is an acceptable point to negotiate from

some sites, you may have to transfer to their platform, either before or after the sale
some sites you don't thave to transfer to their platform, but if name is sold, a transfer of ownership will have to take place
typically the buyer initiates the transfer from their registrar of choice, or if the domain is at the same registrar where the buyer wants it, then a "push" to their account may be possible.
*note, do not transfer a domain until payment has been received*

no, but you can list them on multiple sites at the same time, but you cannot auction them on different sites simultaneously.

have patience, and don't pay for appraisals

read thru the forum and some may have already been asked and answered

Good Luck and Welcome to DNForum.com

imo...

nikitas

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your feedback! Really insightful stuff!

Do you believe that simply making the domains available on namecheap can actually result to sales?
Do you suggest any sites that have been profitable for you?
Have you ever sold domains in bundles and if so how would I got about that? For example how would I sell gamergirltv.com and gamergirl.tv at the same time?
Is it possible and wise for me to let people know that I'm selling specific domains on this forum? And if so what would be your advice?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you believe that simply making the domains available on namecheap can actually result to sales?

you can list them anywhere you want and possibly get a sale. however, it always depends on the quality and or appeal of the domain
, regardless to where it's listed

Do you suggest any sites that have been profitable for you?

I have sold domains here on the forum on other forums and boards, have also sold domains via incoming emails and phone calls
additionally, have sold domains via sedo, voodoo, internettraffic, afternic, etc

Have you ever sold domains in bundles and if so how would I got about that? For example how would I sell gamergirltv.com and gamergirl.tv at the same time?

yes, I have sold more than one domain to the same person at the same time. but that all depends on what the buyer is looking for and what you have to offer
per your example, I don't see those being appealing names, but if you got interest in one, then you could offer both for same or slightly higher price to that buyer.

Is it possible and wise for me to let people know that I'm selling specific domains on this forum? And if so what would be your advice?

if you don't list your domains for sale somewhere, or unless someone types it in their browser, or searches "whois" to find owner...
then how will they know it's available for sale?
if you want to post names for sale on DNForum.com, then you will have to upgrade to Platinum level membership.

imo….

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom