• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

I'm Irish But Have A British Flag On My Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namebrander

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
5,580
Reaction score
22
I'm Irish but have a British flag on my profile!
Just because I'm based in the UK I should still be able to have the country of my origin (ie Ireland) on my profile. Is anyone else as peeved off about the fact that flags on our profiles are now determined by our IP address.
 
Upvote 0
Hove over the person icon in the upper right (next to your message notification ) and select preferences.

On the left, click "Personal Details" and a little down (about less than halfway?) you'll see "Country Flag" and select Ireland. :)

Edit: I don't know if this link will work to go to the preferences or not, but you can give it a try:

http://www.dnforum.com/account/personal-details

Edit: BAH - I thought that was the setting but mine still shows the USA flag...
 
Funny, after logging in tonight, it forced me to choose a flag. I chose Liechtenstein.

I see I'm still from the U.S. too.
 
it looks like that the tracking the IP,
i was in Italy, i am now in Switzerland but my country its Norway...
so every time change the flag depending on where you are
 
yup its tracking ip which is ludicrous
 
tks for getting back, seems you cant edit it manually at all now. It goes off ip only



Hove over the person icon in the upper right (next to your message notification ) and select preferences.

On the left, click "Personal Details" and a little down (about less than halfway?) you'll see "Country Flag" and select Ireland. :)

Edit: I don't know if this link will work to go to the preferences or not, but you can give it a try:

http://www.dnforum.com/account/personal-details

Edit: BAH - I thought that was the setting but mine still shows the USA flag...
 
Well, it actually resolves the IP to the location, and stores that info with the post. I agree, it can get confusing as I'd rather see the country of origin of a person versus where in the world they are now.
 
UMD, you say you're based in the UK, but your location is given as Ireland. Some discrepancy there too, surely?
 
what the hell is it to do with you??????
im irish but in the uk setting it to Ireland was an attempt to place the right flag on my profile
get a life


UMD, you say you're based in the UK, but your location is given as Ireland. Some discrepancy there too, surely?
 
Going off the current situation an Israeli could have a flag from Syria.
If we're going to have flags on our profiles we should least make sure they're the right ones.


UMD, you say you're based in the UK, but your location is given as Ireland. Some discrepancy there too, surely?
 
upmarketdns- If you're from Ireland but you actually live in the UK you will get the British flag as dnf now seems to go off of user ip's.


imo there are worse things than being from Ireland and getting the British flag on your profile. Like getting the French flag? LOL.
:(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom