Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

I'm SOOOOO Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please be advised that I am General Counsel of Overseas Military Sales
Corporation.

Exchange New Car Sales (ENCS) is the trade name under which our company
does business.

Your company is hosting a domain name - encssucks.com.

This site contains false information that is personally defamatory to
many of our personnel and disparaging to our company's reputation.

In addition it is an unauthorized use of our trade mark and trade name.

I request that you remove this site immediately.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to confirm that this site
will be removed.

Jim

James M. Black II

Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer

Overseas Military Sales Corporation

175 Crossways Park West

Woodbury, NY 11797

516-496-1825 - office

516-209-8899 - mobile

516- 496-1894- fax

This email, including its attachments, may contain information that is
confidential and may be protected by federal and/or state laws and
regulations, or other confidentiality privileges. This email, including
its attachments, may contain non-public information, therefore it is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are
not an intended recipient, please delete this email, including its
attachments, and notify the sender. The unauthorized use, dissemination,
distribution or reproduction of this email, including its attachments,
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

He had my privacy removed. I own the site, don't operate it (another sales agent does). Apparently they need to hire another lawyer because he doesn't know TM law. I'm shaking in my boots! I can't discuss details in the open about the company as they made me sign a NDA for my last pay check after I quit.

Boo-hoo!

It took 3 months back and forth with this guy to get my last paycheck that I earned. I don't even want to email him about this issue, just point out his stupidity (I think I can talk badly about a person, just not the company or they will take back my last paycheck if that's even legal).

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pushing to another account and adding privacy just so they have to go through the trouble to collect it again.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Um.. why are you posting this here?

As far as I can see you own and/or are hosting a potentially defamatory site, so they are well within their rights to pursue legal action.

I can't imagine posting here and dicussing your intentionally antagonising actions are going to help you in the slightest..

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would try to minimize their potential actions including this:

The unauthorized use, dissemination,
distribution or reproduction of this email, including its attachments,
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Many people have been able to post complaint sites and win their rights to publish (RyanAirSucks.com is the top one that comes to mind) but it still cost a great deal of time, effort, and grief.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So far they haven't sent the dogs after me. I'll be waiting though since nothing is against the law. Besides the SEP done to be right below them in search, if they would come after me I would go to the media that would hurt them bad first: Stars and Stripes, Marine & Navy & Air Force Army. Times. The people they market to would be outraged at a company that tries to take away rights they fight and die to protect.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So far they haven't sent the dogs after me. I'll be waiting though since nothing is against the law. Besides the SEP done to be right below them in search, if they would come after me I would go to the media that would hurt them bad first: Stars and Stripes, Marine & Navy & Air Force Army. Times. The people they market to would be outraged at a company that tries to take away rights they fight and die to protect.
I understand what you are saying. But often times it is the courts of law that define those rights.

Chances are, you are in the clear. There is also a military code of conduct. Jerks like this can make a mess out of things by contacting your commanding officer. Or the staff judge advocate. Simply getting others involved can make things a little messy. Trying to explain those "rights" to the upper echelon might not sync with them.

Sometimes you have to choose your battles.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The local SJA, IG and Pacific HQ manager of AAFES are all aware of the practices being done. I have no affiliation with the military, so they will have to take it to civil court if they wish to proceed.

Sometimes you have to choose your battles, but helping a Lance Corporal (E3) with a wife and two kids save $3000 on the same vehicle (and company for that matter) is worth it to me.

Naturally as humans you want to protect your family, in the Marines I made brothers and sisters. Whether I never get to meet them, I know each of us would help each other out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators