• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed In 07 & Out 08 [B]08OlympicGames.Com[/B]

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikkeri

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
08OlympicGames.Com could be a OlympicGames related forum with daily topics. All different sports could be divided in to their own threads. People around the world in one forum instead of their own tiny country chats.
One thing is for sure: For this short 14 - 20 month peak period it will generate massive volume of hits. Its already waking up. Anybody want to appraise it?
And while add it Olympics08.Cn as well. Haven't seen too many .cn on the market to make any conclusions. Thx in advance.

P.S. I am not planning to develope this site myself nor even keep it. I am simply asking your appraisals. I know that who ever holds it might have tough moments, but at the end of the day 2008 Olympicgames last only so long time. Some one using this forums'kind of base could make a site in a heartbeat and without any advertising just run the forums. These O-guys are going to be hands full with all kind of stuff...

Simply - How much should I ask?
 
i doubt there is gonna be a high level of type in traffic, also the TM issue here is huge, there are very few organizations that are more aggressive with TMs, probably because the IOC is full of crooks too..negative value here IMO
 
But if you're not doing anything in "bad faith" but keep it in the family so to speak. After all, when someone eventually wakes up 08 Olympics are over. I bet hits are easily going to be in tens of thousands right before, during and little after the races and in thousands during 2008. Surely I'm not planning to hold on to it. Thats why I was asking some advice:)
 
They are very aggressive with their TM's mate just as domainah stated, if i were you just drop it and find another domain to develop into a forum. It's not worth the hassle!
 
Laird Mobi is right, the IOC might not noly asked for the domain, I have heard from cases in which the owner had to pay fines of $$$$$, and doesnt matter what you say, its been regged in bad faith, and there is no way the traffic is gonna be anywhere close to what you quoted, just drop it, its not worth the risk
 
Okay guys. Thanks for your advice. I'll eat the domain for a dessert:) It seems it ain't worth having it even in good faith.

____________________________________________________________
Check DomainAle.com - More Olympic related doms. It's for sale 7,5k+
____________________________________________________________
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom