• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed IncomeFlows.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2003
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
0
Please appraise IncomeFlows.com. Thanks.
 
XX? Reg fee? Lol.

121,000 Google for "income flow", 205,000 for "- flows" - not exactly an obscure phrase.
 
I don't think a lot of domainers would place a bid if they saw it at Snap Names. The name seems awkward and doesn't have the buzz factor. I doubt it gets much traffic.
 
$1xx , not a bad name imo .
 
www said:
XX? Reg fee? Lol.

121,000 Google for "income flow", 205,000 for "- flows" - not exactly an obscure phrase.

why ask for an appraisal?
 
XX? Reg fee? Lol.

121,000 Google for "income flow", 205,000 for "- flows" - not exactly an obscure phrase

Yeah, but there's no real point to the name. I admit, I kinda like the name, but "income flows" is not a stand-alone word set... it's almost always put into another phrase, thus lowing the phrase's value in itself.

"cashflows.com" or "income.com" would be great, but "income flows" is never used in the financial world by itself, so I doubt anyone would ever search for it as a .com type-in domain.

Reg fee, IMO.
 
google results are not always a good indicator for value, especially if it comes to phrases, many of those results are part of a whole sentence such as.. "the income flows from a to b".. when is the last time you have actually heard someone use that prase, overture for this phrase is zero... same is true for the value of this domain IMO
 
Exactly. I never use the no. of google search results to base an opinion on domain value.
 
$200. Great financial name.
 
Nice to see the tide flowing in a positive direction. :smile: Anyone notice anything about Google's page 1 for this? :smile: Every use of the phrase except one is the noun clause and not a subject/verb combo.
 
www said:
XX? Reg fee? Lol.

121,000 Google for "income flow", 205,000 for "- flows" - not exactly an obscure phrase.
But it hard to found the potential end-buyer

end-buyer price LOW$xxx
Reselling price LOW $XX
 
Those appraising alot for this domain, for the sake of discussion can you please elaborate on why you think this name is worth so much? I''m sorry but I just dont see it. If the name was something like cashflow.com then thats a different story, but I've never come across this term before in the financial world.
 
dcristo said:
Those appraising alot for this domain, for the sake of discussion can you please elaborate on why you think this name is worth so much? I''m sorry but I just dont see it. If the name was something like cashflow.com then thats a different story, but I've never come across this term before in the financial world.

I agree 100%, those appraising these domains for XXX based on the number of google results are usually the last people that would actually put their money where their mouth is.. and if it would be up for auction not offer half of what they said the domain is worth, there is a big difference in guessing what a domain is worth and making an educated valuation and actually buying it. The phrase "income is" has 20 Million google results and incomeis is not regged..maybe that says something about how little a number of google results (but of course not always) says about value.
 
dcristo said:
Those appraising alot for this domain, for the sake of discussion can you please elaborate on why you think this name is worth so much?

Is a mere low $xxx really "a lot" and "so much" for a domain like this?

dcristo said:
I''m sorry but I just dont see it. If the name was something like cashflow.com then thats a different story

Yes, if the name were cashflow.com then we'd be talking about how it went for $56,500 last year; I and perhaps many others would also say that was much too low and appraise the domain at more appropriately in at least the $xxx,xxx range. Our "different story" would not consist of being generous enough to allow a whopping $xxx for such a name, and $xxx is certainly no great allowance for an alternative worth a lot less than a top domain like cashflow.com. Your use of cashflow.com as a comparison shows that even you recognize the domain under appraisal as a meaningul alternative.

domainah said:
those appraising these domains for XXX based on the number of google results

Not what's going on at all, but rather a good faith proposition that the results are significant in the context of all the other attributes of a name under consideration. That should go without saying.

dcristo said:
but I've never come across this term before in the financial world.

But others haven't? Yours is only one range of experience. It's already been shown that this is a phrase that is used and known in the world, just not as abundantly as something like "cash flows," which for that matter I might go months without hearing or reading in any form. Would any of us want to say that all that matters is our own sphere of experience, whether in what we would call the "financial world" or any other area of life? Someone once posted a domain here that I orginally considered to be obscure and a waste of time, being well outside of my own 'sphere of experience,' then later announced it had been sold for quite a surprising $x,xxx amount. "Income flows" is certainly not "cash flows" or even "income streams," but it is clearly known and used, and a clear alternative to both.
 
www before you get your knickers in a knot I said "for sake of discussion". Isn't this what appraisal threads are all about? I am sorry but spending a few hundred dollars on a name which I wouldnt even hand reg is alot to me. That's all I can give, my personal honest opinion, take it for what you will.
 
nice domain, anything around mid xx to low xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom