Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.info Gains Momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have NOT registered even "one" more .info domain even though my broker is also giving 25 free .INFOs

I only registered few many months ago or bough few also.

Frankly, I don't think there is much value in .info any way unless is one of the few great key words.

I have absolutely no intention of getting any free .info

Btw, just wait one more year and all those freely registered .INFOs will be dropping like few thousand a day because many people who registered these free 25 each will not renew them. It will actually make the .INFO look like a loser.

Just my opinion.

Thanks,

Domain summit 2024

DNnic

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
rickkumar said:
just wait one more year and all those freely registered .INFOs will be dropping like few thousand a day because many people who registered these free 25 each will not renew them. It will actually make the .INFO look like a loser.

Probably you are right, "most" of these free .info's owner won't renew their .info ~ as 80 ~ 90% of these free .info are rubbish.

I've got some free .info domains, but I'll renew 5 ~ 10 of them at least... :wink:

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure Afilias will come up with another game plan and has already thought this out with multiple senarios. If they are crooked enough to look the other way with false trademark registrations they will stoop to any level to further their causes.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah, a very old thread uncovered.

Speculators continue to bemoan that .INFO isn't fetching them the dream money they thought they could get.

Meantime, global warming continues to wreck increasing havoc with the weather and Google continues to find .INFO web sites sprouting like the acorns in spring.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... meantime, Mole's snapping them up like dirt candy...

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, any increase in the number of .info names registered because of the "free .info" promotion is negated by the fact that they were giving them away. Undoubtedly they had a reason to need to increase the numbers of registered .info names, but because of the way they did it I for one will be skeptical of the numbers.

On the brighter side, I just visited www.webhosting.info and it is a real asset to the .info community. Directi has put together a very useful resource and is using a .info name to deliver it.

Talal

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never thought one day to register a .info domain. but now, after getting 25 domains registered, I have like 5 domains which I will renew later on.

If each customer renew 5 or even 3 or 1. They will benefiting from the free domains promotion by 3 years maximum.

In my opinion I see that its a great Marketing move.

DNnic

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Talal said:
I never thought one day to register a .info domain. but now, after getting 25 domains registered, I have like 5 domains which I will renew later on.

If each customer renew 5 or even 3 or 1. They will benefiting from the free domains promotion by 3 years maximum.

In my opinion I see that its a great Marketing move.

It really was ! and I'm glad to see... :)

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For many of us that regged info as far back as 2001/2002 and waited all this time, the free info del has been a disaster.
Just when the info market was picking up, when the prices were getting better and sales improving (look at dnjournal), this was a blow to us.
Now, we have to wait at least another 2 years to reach the statusof 2 months ago.
It's a shame.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
Now, we have to wait at least another 2 years to reach the statusof 2 months ago.
It's a shame.

I don't agree. Outside the domain community in these forums, I don't think the public has a clue it ever happened. If you typically sell wholesale to other reasellers, maybe...but I don't think it matters to a typical end user.

I think if anything, it creates a bigger scarcity of available names to register which in many case increases the value of names already out there. If you have the .com/net/org of a name, having the info now taken is a real plus since it makes it look even more popular in the second level. Even better if you didn't have to buy the other versions yourself to make it scarce. I would say it even helps .biz in a small way if that's now the only gTLD left available with the .infos now taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators