Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

auctions INGDirectLogin.com - 33000+ Exact Match Searches a Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastya

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ING Direct Login - Exact Match Domain

This keyword [ing direct login] is searched 33000+ times a month on EXACT (check Google Keyword Tool if you don't believe me)

@ Namecheap - Free Push

oh and ING Direct has an affiliate program on CJ if you were wondering about monetization.

Any questions let me know!

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Join date of 2008 and yet this is your second post...and both are 100% TM violation domains.

Read the news much?

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

oh and ING Direct has an affiliate program on CJ if you were wondering about monetization.
oh, and ING Direct has a team of corporate lawyers perhaps putting the final touches on the C&D letter.

sebastya

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't know. You can close the thread.

sebastya

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it was an issue would they not have acquired it themselves? I haven't developed the name at all.

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TM domains are very scary these days. But not ALL of them will get you in trouble. You need to receive permission from the company in writing.

I thought I was playing with fire on one of my forums (fordranger(dot)net), but Ford has a corporate website where you can request permission for enthusiast clubs, etc. Seems they made headlines a few years back for trying to sue one of the leading Ford Ranger enthusiast sites for $100,000 and the negative publicity caused them to drop the lawsuit. Ford simply states that you cannot have any branding, logos, or Ford trademarks listed on the site. I also have a disclaimer in the footer stating that I am in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.

Granted, not all companies do this. Some will be persistent... like Facebook.

sebastya

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TM domains are very scary these days. But not ALL of them will get you in trouble. You need to receive permission from the company in writing.

I thought I was playing with fire on one of my forums (fordranger(dot)net), but Ford has a corporate website where you can request permission for enthusiast clubs, etc. Seems they made headlines a few years back for trying to sue one of the leading Ford Ranger enthusiast sites for $100,000 and the negative publicity caused them to drop the lawsuit. Ford simply states that you cannot have any branding, logos, or Ford trademarks listed on the site. I also have a disclaimer in the footer stating that I am in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.

Granted, not all companies do this. Some will be persistent... like Facebook.

Thanks man, that was helpful!

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please don't encourage this dude! A banking TM with "Login" in the domain. I guess he can make it an enthusiasts site for people who love the login page of their private banking information because that is what those searches are looking for each month...A fansite. This is a stupid and borderline criminal registration. Dump it now. By the way just because a company has a TM doesn't mean they should be required to register every domain that has their TM in it. Get real and clean up your act!

sebastya

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I was trying to dump it but no one wants it (understandably).

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please don't encourage this dude! A banking TM with "Login" in the domain. I guess he can make it an enthusiasts site for people who love the login page of their private banking information because that is what those searches are looking for each month...A fansite. This is a stupid and borderline criminal registration. Dump it now. By the way just because a company has a TM doesn't mean they should be required to register every domain that has their TM in it. Get real and clean up your act!

I wasn't meaning to encourage TM infringement. I was simply stating that not all so-called "TM" domains are to be worried about. Some companies (though very few) actually don't mind other sites having their name in them. After all, as long as the site in no way harms their brand, it's free publicity.

From what I can tell, that's Ford's stance (from my first post). There are probably more than 100 enthusiast sites for Ford vehicles that actually have the name "Ford" in them. Would you want to sue your loyal fans/customers?

NOTE: I probably shouldn't have used this example in this thread. I do believe that the OP's domain would be looked upon negatively by ING. But would it hurt to email them and ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom