Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

internetnameregistry.com keeps expired domains for themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noticed this has been going on for years. a number of shady registrars that snapnames uses (1 Domain Source, Ltd.; Domain Monkeys, LLC; Web Business and Aim High!, Inc. dba Get Yer Name!) have been keeping domains instead of letting them expire when they aren't renewed. they put them behind their privacy info and park them. i don't get why snapnames does business with these kinds of registrars, they are surely breaking a number of ICANN regulations.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess they do because
  • they can
  • the TOS allow them to do so

Keeping the domains, or selling them at auctions through Snapnames. Is there a big difference really ?
And it's not the just the small fry, you can add register.com or netsol to the list of registrars that more or less occasionally retain valuable domains.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess they do because
  • they can
  • the TOS allow them to do so

Keeping the domains, or selling them at auctions through Snapnames. Is there a big difference really ?
And it's not the just the small fry, you can add register.com or netsol to the list of registrars that more or less occasionally retain valuable domains.
well the difference for me is if it went to auction i'd at least have a chance to purchase them whereas when they keep them, there is none. these domains aren't even really valuable. they just seem to keep all domains that don't get renewed. i've yet to see one that i was watching actually go into redemption and delete.

KBX

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see nothing wrong with them doing that, tbh if i owned a registrar i would probably do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators