Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed investers.com Making Avg. $30.53/Day

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMuir102

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How many years revenue should I ask for this?
Thanks in advance :)

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
10 years, easily, imo.

30.53 x 30 days x 120 = $109,908 give or take a few thou. :)

BMuir102

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You really think that much? I have had an offer for 4 years but haven't shopped it around much yet. I have been told to look for 5 to 6 years. 10 years huh? That's encouraging :) What do other people think?

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's looking at $100,000+ not every earner is worth a 10 year multiple.

But I think 8-10 here is a fair assesment depending on how long your stats have carried this ~$30 figure.

The overture numbers aren't as strong as I thought they'd be but I'm sure that's offset by a high ctr.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
5 to 6 years. 10 years they could do better with a treasury bill.

Explanation:

$100,000 at 5% interest equals $208K in 15 years.

$100,000 for Investers.com equals $150,000 after 15 years.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:
10 years they could do better with a treasury bill.

But TBills do not increase in value whereas the domain should do so big time.

You can't base domain prices mostly on income.

I would say it's worth 20 yrs income.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only an increase in traffic and revenue would cause this domain to increase in value...or a decrease in interest rates. It's a mispelling and only good for one thing. I'm not putting it down, it's worth a lot of money--$50K to $60K.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
people who think domains are gonna be around in 20 years are bonkers!!! And i mean watermelon-wearing, sheep shagging, run-around-naked-in-the-hail nuts.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
draqon said:
people who think domains are gonna be around in 20 years are bonkers!!! And i mean watermelon-wearing, sheep shagging, run-around-naked-in-the-hail nuts.

Why do you :flame: me?

I think I recall reading in a recent DNJournal that some experts have even said 100 yrs times revenue is possible, which I agree could happen. (Sorry if I am not quoting that exactly the way is was worded)

P.S. One thing you guys are forgeting to count is actual products like a 5k investor trading system, 2k financial software, lucrative brokerage accounts, etc could be sold on the site, with far more income potential than PPC.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

No need to pull your punches like that, tell us what you really think.

Domains? hell, I'm just hoping the me, the U.S. and the state of California will still be around in 20 years.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i'm not flaming ya trader, just trying to make it clear that domains arent gonna be around forever. people will tell you otherwise, but they are dead wrong. i would bet my left nut on it.

11jsd

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"P.S. One thing you guys are forgeting to count is actual products like a 5k investor trading system, 2k financial software, lucrative brokerage accounts, etc could be sold on the site, with far more income potential than PPC."

Surely people looking for the sort of product you are suggesting should be able to spell investors???

BMuir102

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
draqon said:
i'm not flaming ya trader, just trying to make it clear that domains arent gonna be around forever. people will tell you otherwise, but they are dead wrong. i would bet my left nut on it.

Maybe if you could give us a little insight as to why you think this is true..... I for one think this is ludicris. Can you provide any supporting facts or anything as to why you think this?

11jsd said:
"P.S. One thing you guys are forgeting to count is actual products like a 5k investor trading system, 2k financial software, lucrative brokerage accounts, etc could be sold on the site, with far more income potential than PPC."

Surely people looking for the sort of product you are suggesting should be able to spell investors???

I wouldn't put too much value on someone's education. I have grossed tens of millions in my life and I am a highschool dropout. Although I can spell.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
11jsd said:

Good point but it's a common typo. If the VP of the US could not spell potato how do you expect traders to spell right.

When I said 20x I actually forgot it was a typo (tired, it was 1 AM) but a very good one nevertheless. After thinking about this I think I was wrong and should make a retraction with the real spellling possibly being as high as 20X but this typo only about 4X to 8X.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
draqon said:

Agree!

Even 10 years is pushing it.

BMuir102 said:
ludicris.

BMuir102 said:
Although I can spell.

Not really.

Proboscis

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BMuir102 said:
I wouldn't put too much value on someone's education. I have grossed tens of millions in my life and I am a highschool dropout. Although I can spell.

Tens of millions doing what? What have you netted?

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
500-1000 years minimum. don't worry about the mainstream PPC market being less then 5 years old. i'm sure it will be around in 500 years. ask for $2.2 trillion. i think i've seen a few eBay auctions with similar asking prices.

seriously though, people saying 6-10 years are on crack. 2-4 years tops.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would also say about 4 years max revenue.

I've long said that eventually domain names will be replaced with some other naming technology for internet web sites. This may take a very long time though. But I said it elsewhere and I'll say it here too, eventually investing in typos *especially* trademark typos and typos infringing on a existing business names will be a thing of the past. Technology will improve to filter out typos and moreover the ppc money sources, ie google and yahoo are eventually going to stop paying for infringing typos. Anybody investing large amounts of money into typos is going to wake up one day to a very bad surprise.

tails

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd keep it and quit my job if I was making 30$ a day from parking one domain name.....or you could sell it and start loosing money in 11 years... or less

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators