• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed IOMEGA.mobi

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zero, plus you gotta pay the buyer all lawyer fees and lawsuit charges.
 
That is the very definition of cybersquatting.

Did you not realise the legal implications of this, or did you have a horrible mentally scarring experience as a child with a zip drive and now you must do everything you can to be a thorn in their side?
 
It's only a TM problem, if used for any kind of storage devices.

He could use it for IOMEGA3 I'm sure, he only needs to find a fair usage for it.

I don't think of it as cybersquatting, unless some one uses the domain for what the TM is for. Or try marketing it as such, there is such a thing as fair usage.
 
Thankyou tas38, I didnt even realize Iomega was a TM it just rang a bell so I regged it. Then I googled it and found there was a company by that name. To be honest I thought it was latin! Stupid me!

Should I contact IOMEGA and ask them if they would like to buy the site, or should I develop a nutrition based web site???
 
I would not contact them at all and don't try selling it to them ever, I would just build a nutrition site with it.

Put a statement at the bottom page, in small type stating you have nothing to do with them. That should cover you I would think, you should be able to make some money off a nutrition site easy. I like it for that infact, lots of people into that stuff for sure.

Edited IN: Remember .mobi makes you use a format standard, but you can get a site builder freeware programs with that standard. You'll want to read about it on the .mobi site, it's should not be hard and they will be inforcing the standard.
 
$0 - Tm issues
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom