Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Is Namescout.com a scammer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
gptpark should come out from hiding and explain what happened to all

Domain summit 2024

digitorum

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jarred is a administraor her at DNF MediaHound a good guy http://www.dnforum.com/f17/jarred-cohen-appointed-operations-manager-dnforum-com-thread-260967.html can't see how he can resolve a namescout transaction but if you have the domains congrats.. I would expect Jarred to clarify this though especially since a namescout rep. said the seller charged back the purchases after selling you the domains.. perhaps gptpark would also explain how this happened ??

THE Dispute ISN'T resolved and I DON'T have the domains

gptpark told me by PM his account was hacked and he recovered it on 28th march

Rebel.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe he is saying the sellers DNforum account got hacked. As far as Namescout and Pool are concerned this has not been resolved. No payment has been made on the domains and all accounts in question are still suspended.

gptpark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, I said that I was in contact with Jarred to get back in to my dnforum account which was hacked several months ago. This person then went on to try and buy $24k dollars in dnf credit with my paypal account (on file). I was able to contact paypal and my credit card company and get the charges reversed.

He also got into my hotmail account which I used with my godaddy account. He then proceeded to transfer all of my domains (300+) out of my account. Through long talks with godaddy and filling out lots of forms, I was able to get most of my domains back. nn6.com and nn7.com he sold to his saudi arabia buddies before I could get them back.

It was a nightmare and I kinda wrote off "domaining" for the last couple of months. I decided to try and get my dnforum account back and contact support. Jarred was able to verify my info and reset my password.

I was not aware that the individual that hacked my account was using my dnforum account to buy and sell domains. He is definately a scammer.

As I said, I can provide you with documentation of the situation, dnforum should be able to go back in the records and verify that my password was changed and dnf $ were purchased.

So thats my situation, now I am receiving these messages saying that I am a scammer. I am certainly not, I was scammed or hacked myself.

I think thats it, like I said I can provide further details to dnforum or whoever if necessary.

I know this is a crappy situation and believe me, I have been really pissed for the last couple of months. Especially when godaddy first said their was nothing they could do(??) since it looked like the domains were legitimately transferred (since he had my email account, he just requested a password reset from godaddy and he was in).

But I was stupid, I used weak passwords for everything. You don't realize how much damage can be done if someone hacks your email. He changed my backup email address and my "secret" question. Hotmail and Gmail do not provide any type of support as they are free services so I was/am screwed.

If you use one word passwords or just add a digit to the end of a word, watch out or you could become a victim.

digitorum

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
################################################## ######
I work in Video production industry, and i am in the process of making a video how i was scammed, and this video will show (without purpose but it's a part of what happened to me so i can do nothing but tell) how easily scammers can act, earn money and remain unpunished and don't have to worry about any legal pursuits (since Pool doesn't loose money, so don't go after the scammer).
This video will be uploaded to Youtube, Dailymotion and all major tube sites, i will create articles on few blogs to tell MY story, and social bookmark them, to be sure it will well spread on the internet to prevent people being scammed.
I repeat this video will only show how i was scammed for $300, how easily the scammer gets out of it with his money with no harm, and how Namescout/Pool is trying to get money from a scammed person to still make a profit.
If some bad people see a scheme or a process to repeat seeing this video, it won't be my fault, i'm gonna only explain what happened to me and how bad was Namescout/Pool reply to that situation.
If Namescout/Pool wants to offer me a good deal to sort out that situation please.. my email is: digito6 [at] gmail.com

#################################################

gptpark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Digitorum -

Here is an email from the scammer:

> Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 07:27:29 -0800
> From: hansen102@yahoo.com
> Subject: Chris Hansens Domains
> To: cruse_93@hotmail.com
>
> Hi Ryan
>
> I am in the process of recovering my domains that you
> transfered from my account yesterday. You were
> successful in stealing nn6.com and nn7.com from my
> account last month.
>
> Would you please give me the passwords for my email
> addresses (hansen101@gmail.com and
> hansen_101@hotmail.com) atleast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

negative

poor chris

forget your domains and your emails buddy

i know am an asshole but your not getting any thing

man am sorry but you got to protect your self and emails Mr. hansen

wow this is got to be hacked hansen102@yahoo.com

bye bye

>

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
################################################## ######
I work in Video production industry, and i am in the process of making a video how i was scammed, and this video will show (without purpose but it's a part of what happened to me so i can do nothing but tell) how easily scammers can act, earn money and remain unpunished and don't have to worry about any legal pursuits (since Pool doesn't loose money, so don't go after the scammer).
This video will be uploaded to Youtube, Dailymotion and all major tube sites, i will create articles on few blogs to tell MY story, and social bookmark them, to be sure it will well spread on the internet to prevent people being scammed.
I repeat this video will only show how i was scammed for $300, how easily the scammer gets out of it with his money with no harm, and how Namescout/Pool is trying to get money from a scammed person to still make a profit.
If some bad people see a scheme or a process to repeat seeing this video, it won't be my fault, i'm gonna only explain what happened to me and how bad was Namescout/Pool reply to that situation.
If Namescout/Pool wants to offer me a good deal to sort out that situation please.. my email is: digito6 [at] gmail.com

#################################################
Well if you would do so much work for money you would earn much more than just $300. So lets say "dog which barks does nto bite" ?

gptpark - you did not learn from your mistake and keep using free emails like Hotmail ???

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I miss good old 2002... those of you who were already around back then probably know why.

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have been transferring my two domain names away from Namescout for months now and am the point of extreme frustration.

Despite 100 steps, they won't allow us to do something which takes five minutes with every other domain name registrar.

They don't answer their emails, there is never anybody there when we ring them (and it won’t allow me to leave a message), and there is never anybody on your live chat whenever we visit their website.

When we fill in the contact form on their site, we don't get a reply.

If anybody from Namescout or their parent Momentus sees this, can you please email us urgently at domains at azam.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators