Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Is someone monitoring my domain searches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

centurion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sorry, link already posted

westerdal

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker does NOT monitor and release whois or registry look up data. We feel this is a complete invasion and violation of our customers privacy. There are many registrars that do this. They sell this data and/or register these domains for themselves.

Monte, Please don't say other Registrars do this unless you can prove it. You are fear mongering.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monte, Please don't say other Registrars do this unless you can prove it. You are fear mongering.
Monte doesn't have to prove it. I am sure there are many domainers here that have had this very thing happen to them.

I was recently doing a search on some .us.com I was interested in regging. I wanted to see variations of the same phrase. All were available. When I decided on the one, I went to reg it and guess what? It had been regged! Along with the other three.

Then I entered my own name. It was available. Went back to reg it. Guess what? It was regged.

There are several out there that appear to be registrars and provide search results. While you are conducting and entering the search results, the entered name is being redirected. It is then being redirected and thus ends up becoming part of the domain tasting game.

Just wait. You'll find one. And when you do, enter your own name and see what happens. I did check several days later and my name was dropped. Too damn hard to spell. Nobody would want my name unless you the mob, IRS, or exwives.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I am going to do a test now at one registrar that I heard does this. I will let you know the results soon.

Monte doesn't have to prove it. I am sure there are many domainers here that have had this very thing happen to them.

I was recently doing a search on some .us.com I was interested in regging. I wanted to see variations of the same phrase. All were available. When I decided on the one, I went to reg it and guess what? It had been regged! Along with the other three.

Then I entered my own name. It was available. Went back to reg it. Guess what? It was regged.

There are several out there that appear to be registrars and provide search results. While you are conducting and entering the search results, the entered name is being redirected. It is then being redirected and thus ends up becoming part of the domain tasting game.

Just wait. You'll find one. And when you do, enter your own name and see what happens. I did check several days later and my name was dropped. Too damn hard to spell. Nobody would want my name unless you the mob, IRS, or exwives.

Sorry to hear that. You live and learn.

Use Moniker. I recommend them.

Reaction score
wow - thats the first I have ever been called a fear monger...

is there a Halloween custom for one of these...I would like to dress up with my kids in October :))

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

If you don't like honesty dude, try registerfly :smilewinkgrin:
I am with about 15-20 registars, purely for ease of pushing etc
I am consolidating surely but slowly with the one, trustworthy Registrar, that is Moniker.
Look around this forum, Moniker are the domainers champion if you like. You will only hear good things.
I have no affiliate programs or anything with Moniker & nothing to gain by recommending them.
where else would you get the ceo popping by for a chat?
with godaddy & enom you're lucky to get an answer from a support ticket, let alone the basement freaks like registerfly.
Moniker Rule :cool:

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it was me....sorry....

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or
Type in the domain, if its available add it to your cart and checkout asap.

If I find a domain available , I go ahead that very second and register it. I did face problems long time ago by checking , procrastinating and losing domain to someone else. Buy I learnt from my experience.

URLtrader

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. You live and learn.

Use Moniker. I recommend them.
clarification:
I do use moniker. Flawless.

My statement "Monte doesn't have to prove it" was referencing the fact that he does not need to substantiate a thing regarding these redirected searches as this happens occasionly and I think a great many of us have encountered it. It is usually some off name registration service that usually regs the more obscure TLD's and ccTLD's that I have encounter this with. My latest was with the .us.com extension.

I am trying to go back and find these re-directed search engines that I used but it is not very easy. Hopefully, I will find them and I will post them.

It would be funny if all of us entered a few hundred names that came up available, then wait a few minutes, try to reg them, and they are all taken.

Sure, they would drop in a few days but it would sure a hell keep the other end busy for a while. They would think they have hit the mother load with a few thousand coming in.

I am not a hacker, but if we all did it at the same time, maybe their server would fail like a "deny of service" type thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom