• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Is this niche of domains any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
1,911
Reaction score
0
I don't usually register domains for resell so I wanted some opinions on a niche of available domains I came across.

agent-texas.com, agent-NewYork.com, agent-california.com, etc.

All kinds of variations are available, agent, realtor, states, cities, etc. I liked agent better than realtor because it can have several meanings.

Might they be worth $50-$100 each for end users or should I dump them while I have the chance?
 
I wouldnt see much value in these.
 
They might be ok if they were developed and had traffic, but as just a domain I can't see them being even worth the registration fees. Some people might argue with me on this but I am not a big fan of hyphenated names at all.

If they were worth anything would they not already be registered?
 
If they were worth anything would they not already be registered?

I tend to think the same way but I found these interesting. Was thinking if I was a real estate agent, travel agent, etc. in a certain state or city, I wouldn't mind having that web site name on my business card.

There are so many variations available that they can't really be considered unique. I'll probably dump them if no one has any positive thoughts on them but I figured they weren't bad considering the somewhat contrived names you often see put up for appraisal.
 
Hyphenated names are worthless, unless you have something like home-equity-loans.com ... If I was a california agent, I might even rather have california-agent.com which is taken. It is almost an impossible rarity where you happen to type in an available domain into a registrar, and that domain has an instant resale value. These days have ended, unfortunatly :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom