Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Is this tool worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy

Hi,

I found this tool spiderexpire.com the other day... seemed like a cool and useful tool so I downloaded the demo. But it doesnt seem to work, sure it does scans through like it should but I dont see any results whats so ever so Im not sure if spiderexpire works or not.

Can anyone please share their experience with this tool or recomend me some other tool?

I would prefer if it can run on a linux server in the background but any windows tools would be cool aswell. :)

Thanks,

Andy

Domain summit 2024

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
andy there are many so called "tools" around. just do a little research and you will find some better ones

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome newbie :cool:

As a rule, I'd prefer the online search services for expired domains than to download programs that could potentially:-

1. screw your OS
2. plant a trojan into your computer
3. use your computers in way you were not told

Be careful. There are a lot of hack programs disguised as these utilities.

Always look for the About us link on the website. If there are none, run for the hills :rolleyes:

Actually the worse that can happen with most of these is that your IP gets banned from the Network Solutions WHOIS :D

I know cause mine is :D

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, WebPositionGold software had a bit of problem with Google for that :laugh:

I'm really getting tired of all the scumware out there on the internet today, look at the slimy Kazaa - pretty woman with wormwarts :dead:

Yes, in theory my IP is dynamic but RoadRunner won't release it unless I shut down my cable modem for like 48 hours.

A

Andy

Ok, so which online expired/onhold/to expire service should I use then? I used Localwhois a long time ago but didnt like it much, but I guess they could have improved greatly since I dropped out as a member over a year ago.

Im also wondering where to go to sell/buy good names?

Thanks for all help so far :razz:

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For expired names, use the NameRecover service opening tomorrow Monday at snapnames.com

For buying/selling domains, your homepage is the best place to start. Anything goes after that.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of sellers here with great lists going cheap if you peek around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators