Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise isgirl.com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.
Reaction score
So that isn't instantly obvious - ie it relies solely on development to have any value. Therefore if someone is going to have to build a brand, because it's not obvious, why would people pay a premium for isgirl.com when they could get something like isforgirls.com for $10? The problem with made up phrases or words with little meaning is there are usually registration fee alternatives. It's going to take the same time and effort to develop any brand awareness but without the premium cost of a domain.
So undeveloped I would say little to no value. Developed I would say a multiple of actual revenue + multiple of potential revenue. You may find another reseller who thinks he can sell it on to another reseller but it appears this domain is 14 years old and so far nobody has done anything with it which also suggest to me no interest in developing on it.

Jamessi Leo

Level 1
Reaction score
Thanks RobM!

Per my checking, there is a Ladies' apparel company registered this trademark in 2017.

In China, more and more companies using English trademark. Because it's harder to be registered in Chinese than in English.

This domain contains two short but widely used words, I don't think it's worth little to no value.

Reaction score
If your basis for registering it is the registration of a trademark then at best you have ONE potential client. At worst you have a potential trademark dispute on your hands. So who are you going to approach to buy it? You can't rely on anyone contacting you because it is not a term commonly used otherwise it would be in constant demand over the domain's history. I stand by my valuation and, in fact, having a trademark doesn't increase it's value in my eyes - it now has one less use. If you ask anyone what the term 'is girl' means to them you are not going to get a definitive answer. Also it is not really the correct English. Two short words that don't make perfect sense together doesn't mean anything - this is a common trap that people fall into. They think domains that consist of two words automatically have a value. If it was me and I was going to build a brand of cosmetics or womens apparel I wouldn't even think of the name 'is girls'.

Last edited:

Jamessi Leo

Level 1
Reaction score
Thanks for your kindly reply.
Maybe you are right.
But I don't mind the potential trademark dispute.
This domain name registered in 2004, while the trademarke was registered in 2017.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

I agree with @RobM

I've seen many times, where newbie's put two words together and try to make them stick, as now having some value.

their imagination stretches to the extreme, in an effort to rationalize such names.

but they fail to see, that "they" have to speak for these names..... rather than the names speaking for themselves.

putting forth domains that don't have obvious usage potential, they also fail to see the uphill battle in transferring any concepts to others, that sound feasible.

age and value are not synonymous, when it comes to domains.

imo.....

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators