Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker Issue with Moniker. Stay away.

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluearctic

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had an issue with Moniker in regards to pricing. I noticed my .org new/renew pricing was at $8.02 but my transfer pricing was $8.13. I sent an email over to my account rep asking about this issue and I get a response saying "I reduced your .com pricing to $8.79/per name and your .net pricing to $7.79/per name. You’ll see the applied discount at check out."

I quickly respond with "Discount? are you kidding me? I was at $8.02 for .com/new/renew/transfer and $6.64 .net/new/renew/transfer".

I get told I was not getting that pricing that it is below cost at moniker (BS) and she has no idea where I seen this pricing. After having her look over my invoices from just the night before, she says that's the old pricing before price increase and my account was never updated. However my price before was at $7.49/domain before the price increase in July 2010. We exchange emails before the increase so I had an idea of the new pricing. $8.13 was the price set in stone for .com/org and $6.64 for the .net. That being said, I ended up with $8.02 pricing for over a year now..

Now I'm told $8.27 is Monikers cost and they can't go below that or they are losing money. I know $8.02 is not the cost of a .com domain for a registrar like Moniker. But, to be told a lie "below our cost" and then offer better pricing if I move more domains over is what gets me over the top.

I already had a lower priced account. Now that I don't have as many domains I get treated like a dollar sign.

Heres your sign Moniker.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Deja vu

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
everyone else is paying 8.99 for .com's at moniker...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They quietly increased all their prices. It is also apparent that they no longer offer a member (DNF member or domainer) discount.

domaingeneration

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Too bad Moniker is no longer a top registrar as before ...

Alexander
Domain Educator

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Verisign have increased their fees several times since then. I haven't checked if I still enjoy $8.02 regs but I wouldn't count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators