Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

It Had To Happen Sometime!

Domain summit 2024

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You got to sell it to him first, right ? ! LOL

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is a classic. Is this a domain that is expiring ?

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if the domain is expiring the person may be planning on catching it as a drop and is already offering to sell to possible buyers.

would not be surprised if he is assuming the owner is letting it drop and can't get it back at this point, so he may have targeted the registrant. but if he doesn't know one of the people he contacted is the actual owner i'd make him work hard during the negotiations making him a really high offer if he answers all of my questions and does some tough research on the domain for me. have fun!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is a classic. Is this a domain that is expiring ?
Yes, or at least it is appearing in the query as dropping or expiring (I have not renewed yet).

These people search for other looks like, sounds like, feels like registrations and peruse the WHOIS.

I responded that I am definitely interested and how much are they wanting for this WONDERFUL domain!

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dang..this still hasn't happened to me, but I'll keep waiting! In the meantime, keep us posted with what happens here. Try and waste as much of his time as you can ;)

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Change WHOIS and offer $5,000 if he can give it to you within a week. Then sell it to him for $2,000. (I assume this is a domain of mediocre value)

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The same thing has happened to me a couple of times.

Be sure to waste as much of their time in back-and-forth emails as possible.

I doubt they'll pay anything much for the domain -- not if they're the people I think they are. And beware of making written offers, in case there's a legal department on the other end to make trouble by attempting to hold you to some kind of informal contract.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The same thing has happened to me a couple of times.

Be sure to waste as much of their time in back-and-forth emails as possible.

I doubt they'll pay anything much for the domain -- not if they're the people I think they are. And beware of making written offers, in case there's a legal department on the other end to make trouble by attempting to hold you to some kind of informal contract.

That would be funny, someone selling properties they don't own to use legal measures against you !

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These same people have been at that game for years. They actual DEVALUE names at auction too as they typically bulk mail everyone offering some amazing name at like $299.. this happens on auctions where the current bid is already thousands more than what they even put in the email, so not exactly sure what the end game is. Either way they are purporting to own something that they do not own, and then offering to sell what they do not own, not to mention the price they send out is usually something ridiculously cheap (as a BIN) which #1 means that potential buyer will never expect to pay the actual value at some point in the future to the person who really does own it, and #2 the simple fact that they were offered it once and were lied to (by who they think is the owner) would be enough to anger and scare away any potential buyer for that same name in the future. In a word, these people are justifying fraud.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An endless loop of self perpetuatual amusement.
But even more sad the next morning upon realizing you both loved and hated yourself.
Who are we kidding though DNF members are better than that right? +1 for entertaining thoughts!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You sure you didn't send that email yourself last time you got drunk? :D
You kidding, but I nearly placed a bid on a domain at Sedo once, that I happened to actually own :D

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You kidding, but I nearly placed a bid on a domain at Sedo once, that I happened to actually own :D

:) Time to disconnect from the internet LMAO.

I did something like that before, too.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators