• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Japanology.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

allanh

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
527
Reaction score
5
Japanology.com

generic .com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanology


please kindly appraise its value.

I plan to develop it into an all Japan website (including entertainment, tv, history, culture, politics, arts...etc)

thanks again for appraisal:)
 
Thanks for the appraisal
please elaborate on why you appraise a generic .com at xx?

also welcoming more appraisals
 
Good name... I agree with DNP - Mid to High $xx
 
The fact that it's a one word generic does not automatically make it worth $x,xxx. Japanology's Google search results are only 143K, overture score without extension just 41, it is very unlikely that the name will get any type ins.

So, a website built on that domain will get no SE visits (as the term is rarely searched for) and will certainly not get any significant number of type-in visits. So why would someone want to pay more than mid $xx or low $xxx for it?
 
thanks for your comments , petros. Appreciated.

Anyway, I do plan to develop this domain, hence resell value is not a real concern to me. A wide range of domains have been reviewed by me before I chose this one and I find it a perfect match in terms of developing an "all Japanese" website.

However, I am happy to hear more appraisals, if anyone has a different opinion to those already said.

thanks :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom