• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed job.name

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

why123

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 14, 2006
Messages
789
Reaction score
1
any thoughts on this one? just bought it minutes ago. thanks in advance!
 
.name is a tough one. I have never see a big sale on a .name. I did see "pot.name" sold on eBay for $10, so that might be a good comparison.

the whole purpose of the .name is to have your [email protected]

example: [email protected], [email protected], etc...

Not too many people have Job as their last name. it is 3 letters but I dont see how you can develop it as a site AND I dont see how anybody could develop any .name into a website. Does anybody know of a developed .name website that is mainstream??

I hope that helps!?!?!
 
Are you sure you registered this one?

whois says "...Not available for second level registration..."
 
scizza said:
.name is a tough one. I have never see a big sale on a .name. I did see "pot.name" sold on eBay for $10, so that might be a good comparison.

the whole purpose of the .name is to have your [email protected]

example: [email protected], [email protected], etc...

Not too many people have Job as their last name. it is 3 letters but I dont see how you can develop it as a site AND I dont see how anybody could develop any .name into a website. Does anybody know of a developed .name website that is mainstream??

I hope that helps!?!?!

thanks, Scizza! that really helps! i should do more homework before i buy any domain name...thanks!

quadtree said:
Are you sure you registered this one?

whois says "...Not available for second level registration..."

I did buy it.

"QTY ITEM PRICE 1 .NAME Domain Name Registration- 1 Year $10.24 JOB.NAME"

I just haven't check the confirm email from godaddy.
 
.name kills it, I think you should try to sell it to someone who loves .names
 
why123 said:
I did buy it.

"QTY ITEM PRICE 1 .NAME Domain Name Registration- 1 Year $10.24 JOB.NAME"

I just haven't check the confirm email from godaddy.

Hi,

maybe there was a problem during the registration process since it is a ***shared*** domain: you can check immediately, just go to www.job.name.

Anyway it would have been a nice name.

quadtree.
 
tails said:
.name kills it, I think you should try to sell it to someone who loves .names

thanks for your reply! i'll take that into my consideration.

quadtree said:
Hi,

maybe there was a problem during the registration process since it is a ***shared*** domain: you can check immediately, just go to www.job.name.

Anyway it would have been a nice name.

quadtree.


oh shoot! thanks for reminding me! but really weird, it says available before i registered it, and it's now not available. maybe that's b/c i haven't park it yet?
 
Ive had the same issue
did you register at godaddy?
godaddy is saying some of these before non-registerable .names are available..
 
ehh!! just recieved an email from godaddy. it says there's an error, and my money will be refunded after 1 business day. what the heck!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom