• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed JohnMcCain.net - Arizona senator - President?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

furca

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2004
Messages
3,506
Reaction score
5
I have posted appraisals asking for the value of the JohnMcCain.biz extension in the past, and now I have JohnMcCain.net (very lucky drop). He's currently the senator of Arizona and LOTS of publicity right now on CNN.

What is the value now? In the future? And what should I do with it, thanks for your opinions.


The .com is taken, but goes to an ad site, so if someone is looking for info on mccain, they would most likely then type in the .net.



18,000 searches on OVT last month.
 
Hi,

Mid to high $xxx.

Good luck
 
Thanks for replying,


Right now on ABC (Channel 10? for me? WSOC) on the show "This week with george..." they are doing half of the show on McCain.... :P
 
Nice catch. High $xxx
 
Thanks jdk, Mr. Deleted picked it up for me since I did not have an account on pool :P


more appraisals needed :P
 
Hope John McCain does'nt decide he wants this one...the traffic will definitely decide the value on this one IMO, but then again how to monetize this type of name? I would GUESS it's worth at least low $xxx since he is ultra, ultra, famous...but you may very well have a SERIOUS intellectual property right issue here, "personal name" domains and most namely those of FAMOUS people are getting taken away left and right in court...esp. if YOUR name is John McCain and you might very well be the next prez...just a thought...be careful man, those Secret Service guys can get pretty crafty if the boss doesnt get his way..
 
I've already emailed the mccain people telling them what I plan to do with the domain and if they will let me continue with development. If not, hey, I have tons of more domains that I can spend my time on :P
 
Ended up selling this site for $1,000 to the "John mccain for 2008" people, just thought it'd be interesting to let yall know.
 
Superb. Whether he is the candidate chosen or not, great name recogition and branding.

Mid to upper XXX as a domain, more if developed, huge potential as parked or affiliated site just from type ins. The closer to the primaries there should be a huge spike in traffic.

If he is the chosen candidate for 2008, you better vote for him as he may make you a wealthy player. If he wins or loses, well there's always 2012!
 
Nice sale where both sides win.

Congrats!
 
develope it! nice name! $xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom