Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Just acquired DietersForum.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

richerr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just acquired DietersForum.com .. I am seriously tempted not to sale it because it looks a solid domain to launch a great active forum for dieters . Given the incredibly high cpc values for keywords in the health/diet niche and unlimited health affiliate products available on the market, developing this domain name looks too mouth watering for me to sell it.

What do you think guys???

Sell or Keep? and how much do you think it could go for?

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
get more out of it if you can grow a forum

richerr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@urlurl thanks for your opinion.....Even Waybackmachine.org shows that there was once an active forum on this domain. It had a couple of hundred members, but i am not sure why the website died. Its been years so i don't think the domain should still be receiving any direct type-in traffic. I am seriously thinking about building a forum, but the only other thing that is still bugging me is COMPETITION , Competition in health/fitness niche is a warfare and am not yet sure if i will have the time to stay ahead of competition. It's be like a baby in need of ever constant care. Compared to sites in less competitive niches where your can run several of them and require minimum attention and lesser SEO investment. Its a Tricky One :?:

Tikkun

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True, there's competition... but I find that what can be worse is running a forum itself.

I don't know what's with forums, but if you get any bad users, they can cause way more stress than Google possibly could.

I think it's because the trolls have a lot of time on their hands, and because forums have an obvious central power structure, they will do anything possible to shut YOU down should you step in to lock them out of your "kingdom". A diet forum is likely to have more than a few troublemakers who'll log in just to make fun of people and cause all sorts of other trouble.

Social networks on the other hand are moderated much more by the users themselves (users setting posts to private and/or marking bad users etc), so if someone starts getting ignored, often they'll blame other users more than the network owners. On a typical social network, you can basically keep someone around and anyone offended by them can easily shut them out. This helps keep the psychos at bay.

I'd say the niche social network thing is a safer these days, unless you're already used to running forums and have jedi abilities to admin them correctly.

Maybe check out BuddyPress (which has it's own minimalistic forum features) and Wordpress, SocialEngine, etc. The Wordpress/Buddypress or even Wordpress/Vanilla combo will still get you great SEO, but it's easier to moderate. Especially if you outsource some of the comments burden to Disqus.

ced

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very nice domain name. It seems like a good name to hold on to or develop.

Good luck!

richerr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My schedule is so crazy now, i seriously doubt i am gonna have time to develop this domain name. Right now i think it would be better for me to sell the domain name to someone who needs the domain name so that it doesn't just sit idle in my portfolio. Whoever is interested should send me a PM.. Thanks :)

dvcorp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Keep it and develop it, more beneficial to you in the long term.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom