Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed LAHospitals.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024
M

mike

Possible Los Angeles or Louisiana Hospital Directory?

The only way I think you have any chance of selling LAhospitals.com is by target emailing the few prospects you'll be able to find that might be interested in this property.

Who knows? Maybe if it was a microsite with links to all the LA hospitals you could build traffic and get a pharmaceutical or medical company to sponsor it or buy it from you for some good bucks down the road. It's a long shot but much stranger things have happened in this world, thats for sure.

LAhospitals.com works as a directory but the singular version is more valuable because the individual hospitals themselves would be good prospects to buy the singular. Sorry, but I don't think that the plural version makes much sense for a private or individual hospital, so I'd be surprised if you got any interest for it from them.

sgopalam

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The idea I had in mind while I registered this is to offer web presence to medical organizations and professionals.

May be a hospital would like to pay apaltry $10 a month for 3 page web site. A 50 such customers and you are talking revenue.

Also the plural makes better sense for all directories.
As a web surfer I would rather type to see NYDoctors.com to check out doctors rather than NYDoctor.com

sgopalam

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. Is n't it late out there ?

G

gbrott

sgopalam - I think your idea about a 3 page web site fr $10 a moth is probably past it's time. This was the model a lot of people tried 2-3 years ago. I don't think a hospital (which already has it's own web site) is going to spend any time working on something for $10 per month.

Your model could work for other tangible products / services, but I think doctors and hospitals are a tough one to crack.

sgopalam

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Looks like internet is a no win game.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Intrinsic value with the brandable keywords "LA Hospitals". Overture returned 162 direct searches for the keywords.
$500 to $1K resell with some promotion.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
P.S. What do you think of MDMedicalCenter.com?

sgopalam

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sounds good.
I think the key is holding power. Holding a domain for only one year servs no purpose I think.
For this reason it makes sense for individuals to register a few good domain names and hold on to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators