• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Laugh for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't guarantee it. But, if he sells it, it will be the largest sale for the week at DNF.

Good luck to the seller.
 
Incredible. Maybe the seller had one of those "personal" paid appraisals?
 
Like - he paid $35 - typed it into an appraisal website, and it came back with a 7-figure valuation but messed up the decimal point and forgot the extension ...
 
I don't know what's so funny about this listing. That's only the domain's MINIMUM value. I'm sure it can sell for $xxx,xxx,xxx if you find the right buyer!

...
...

At least the seller gets some attention for his listing. ;)
 
It's like I read somewhere:

There was a guy selling fruit. Amongst all the apples and melons etc., he had one orange tied to his stall, with a price tag of $1,000,000 on it. When asked why the orange was so expensive, he replied: "Well, I only have to sell ONE".
 
Seriously though, how outregous can one be? It's like a waste of fee. Your first bid has to be 60 mil? Ok.
 
Over the year, I see a lot of this ebay listings for high priced domain names. I think people is just trying to create exposures for their names...
 
Varchar said:
Over the year, I see a lot of this ebay listings for high priced domain names. I think people is just trying to create exposures for their names...

Good point
 
Yeah very good point. It's probably cost him no more than $5 to list that, and it'll be all over the domaining community -- he'll probably have the last laugh.
 
Varchar said:
Over the year, I see a lot of this ebay listings for high priced domain names. I think people is just trying to create exposures for their names...
This Thread has helped accomplish just such.

GL to both the Buyer (if there is any) and Seller.

PS :$1 Million Oranges for Sale - PM anytime ;-)
 
All the exposure in the world means nothing, none of us in here would buy the domain. Ok, maybe a few of us but still... Anyway, I get the feeling some of you are a little sensitive. It was all meant in fun. I hope you are all are having a good day. Cheers,

Acro
 
There are some real morons out there.. like when i contact people via the whois and they comeback with "i wouldnt sell it less than 20K" for a name that is 5K to an end user at best lol..

eBay is the biggest joke for domains.. I have never seen anywhere else with so many overpriced and pathetic domain names.
 
I think you've all missed the fact he'll transfer it for FREE - doesn't look too expensive now eh !
 
@Nostra: LUV that banner in your sig. Where on earth did you find that?

@Acro: It's all fun matey.

@Jasdon: That's turned me round into realising just what a good deal it is, if you factor in the free transfer.
 
may be he thinks that .am and .com doesnt make much difference. after all .am is shorter than .com so he might even consider .am being more valuable than .com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom