Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

appraise LawCrimes.com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

MrMDMF

Level 1
Reaction score
LawCrimes.com

‘Law’ Keyword - Volume: 368,000/mo | CPC: $0.79 | Competition: 0.05
‘Crimes’ Keyword - Volume: 301,000/mo | CPC: $0.26 | Competition: 0.04
‘Law Crimes’ Keyword – Exact search - Volume: 2,900/mo | CPC: $13.95 | Competition: 0.15

Short - Brandable
Many possible end-users in the legal industry

Global Legal industry worth approx 886 Billion as of 2018 – 1.011 Trillion by 2021

Thank you for checking out my post, feedback always appreciated.
-M

Reaction score
Results for 'law' and 'crimes' separately are irrelevant.
This is a combination of the two words that doesn't make any sense, hence low search figures.
It's not short being 2 words.
It's not brandable being that it consists of actual words used in a wrong context.
I disagree with many possible end-users - anyone in the legal industry would not want to be represented by a non-sensical phrase that would only harm their reputation.
I don't see any value.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

I concur with @RobM above

if.... the law, is the law

then

how can it be a crime?

imo….

MrMDMF

Level 1
Reaction score
Thank you for letting me know that separate search results don't hold value - Didn't know that.
Also, I was under the assumption that two words were considered short by most o_O

Wouldn't you agree that Law Crimes are essentially shorthand for 'Crimes of the law'? That's my logic anyway

Reaction score
Wouldn't you agree that Law Crimes are essentially shorthand for 'Crimes of the law'? That's my logic anyway

I'm a 46 year old from UK and I've never heard anyone use the words 'law crimes' next to each other in all that time.
Two words are not short. For example... one of those words is shorter. The domain is 9 letters long. Short domains are usually 5 letters or less and one word or acronym.

MrMDMF

Level 1
Reaction score
I'm a 46 year old from UK and I've never heard anyone use the words 'law crimes' next to each other in all that time.
Two words are not short. For example... one of those words is shorter. The domain is 9 letters long. Short domains are usually 5 letters or less and one word or acronym.

That's a great insight into domain length, would it still be advisable to advertise 2Ws to the average end-user as 'short'?

I'm from the UK as well, however, doesn't the domain have value to end-users in its informality of the term criminal law?
Maybe not for professional legal firms or solicitors but for legal documentaries, informative blogs, websites dedicated to legal blunders or outrageous crimes etc Just some ideas.

Reaction score
That's not how it works. You can't just take two english words that are never used like that, put them together, and magically it has end-user value. It's not informal, it's just not a phrase. A quick search through the small amount of google results shows that it only ever appears in sentences that are '...common-law crimes....' or '....a guide to law: crimes etc..'. It is never used to refer to anything by itself.

MrMDMF

Level 1
Reaction score
That's not how it works. You can't just take two english words that are never used like that, put them together, and magically it has end-user value. It's not informal, it's just not a phrase. A quick search through the small amount of google results shows that it only ever appears in sentences that are '...common-law crimes....' or '....a guide to law: crimes etc..'. It is never used to refer to anything by itself.

My understanding was that part of a domain's value was in how the two relate to each other with a little creativity from the end-user. I thought the domain had value as the words relate both to each other & to a large industry in a way that is pronounceable/memorable. In the broad sense, the two words are linked heavily to the legal industry yet vague enough to allow the end-user multiple development options.

Am I on the right track with this mindset?

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No.. It has to make sense.. This makes little to no sense. Who would want to be branded under broken English?

MrMDMF

Level 1
Reaction score
Ok, it's fine, all part of the learning process.
Sorry for the big debate, still trying to understand the market & what consistently sells 3-4 figures - That's my main goal right now.

I'll try again, onwards & upwards :D
Cheers guys
-M

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, it's fine, all part of the learning process.
Sorry for the big debate, still trying to understand the market & what consistently sells 3-4 figures - That's my main goal right now.

I'll try again, onwards & upwards :D
Cheers guys
-M

Hi

it's good that you're taking it, as a learning experience, rather than taking it personally.
some people go off on the deep end, when appraisal opinions don't meet their expectations

questions get answers, if you don't ask..... how will you know?

:)

imo....

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators