Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Leasing My Domain, Help Sought

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by waterguy

I should have been more specific in my original request: by "leasing help" I meant 'constructive advice' on how to be a lessee. That would have included contract development with a particular emphasis on pricing based on a 24 month period. I also wanted a modest income ($400-$600monthly) from a web site that would take up very little of my time. I am in the midst of 37 different projects right now. It's really quite amusing actually.

Bob answered this on the first page.

W

waterguy

Originally posted by domainAddict

Right.. My appologies for uncivil language, but to be honest, I meant every word of it. Your statement just sounds so made up. And if you have 8 man staff already, theres still place for 12 of them, and according to you, you would still make $20K per month. I dont know what kind of sallary you are used to, but im sure I speak for 90% of people here, when I say that they get much less than that. Actually, for many of them 20K is probally what they make in whole year, so your statement is, if nothing else, degrading.. Thats why I have reacted as I have.. No hard feelings, I wish you luck with leasing your domain, but I doubt that anyone will be ready to lease it for $600. After all the promotion they would have to make, they would still not own it. Thats my oppinion..

I appreciate your viewpoint, but I was not boasting or playing around with your sensitivities. I was merely valuing what I think to be a very valuable domain name. Is it degrading to you that Microsoft.Com is worth "X" amount of dollars? What about CNN.Com? Those domains are worth much more: watercooling.com is a paltry sum when you match it against either of those domains or several hundred thousand more 'out there.' Maybe that will help you feel better. I have not had any offers on leasing the domain, but I am open to lease to own, which is an entirely different thing. $400?, $500? Again, it is a small amount compared to what a good retailer could earn on this name-estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators