Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Legal question, tell me what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellbell

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all, i am hoping that you may be able to help me with a question i have.

I was looking to start up a website like http://www.vidica.com/index.html but instead of linking the user to content on youtube.com i was going to embed the video and stream it on my website. The stream will still come from youtube and other video websites but they will just be embeded into my website. The files will not be on my webserver.

I was wondering if this is at all legal?

Hope to hear your thoughts

Aaron Luckie

Domain Summit 2024

nomis135

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i really doubt defusing complete series of simpsons and futurama is legal.
I would find it more normal for example if Global or Fox would let you see all tv series on the net for an extra few do you never miss out a tv serie.

But this ain't the case.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google is negotiating with some major rights holders afaik. It's obviously in Googles best interest to do something about the current situation, and simply deleting all questionable content (in terms of IP) would defeat the purpose (of such a video site). Rights holders are lining up - they may also prefer getting some extra cash rather than spending a lot on litigation and forcing Google to shut down the site.

Anyway, I think you're reasonably safe for now as long as Google is hosting and streaming the content, at least until someone would ask you to take the embedded video down.

bellbell

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you for your replies so far. I understand what you are saying typist, i will go ahead with the website and wait and see what happens.

Id like to hear other peoples point of view...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators