Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Legend.name scams me for US$5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is one post that I wished I didn't have to write, but I must to warn others not to make the same mistake.

Foolishly I trusted the reputation of Legend.name and invested $5000 in his "Forex Investment" that (I quote) "is risk free for you (because i cover all losses)"

It now seems that he has squandered the money in pyramid schemes and worthless investments, and during recent contact with him I believe he has no intention to repay the funds.

I am currently working with a Malaysian lawyer to bring about a civil litigation against this person:

Account Name: Tiu Boon Yau
Account Number: 16438877****
Home Address: A-02-10, Glenview Villa, Tmn Pinggiran Cheras, 56100 Kuala Lumpur.
ZIP Code: 56100
State: Kuala Lumpur
Home Phone: +60162551100

Domain Summit 2024

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has he promised any type of refund or just dodging your phone calls/emails? Sorry that happened to ya.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Nothing in life is risk free. Always avoid anyone who says that to you.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is one post that I wished I didn't have to write, but I must to warn others not to make the same mistake.

Foolishly I trusted the reputation of Legend.name and invested $5000 in his "Forex Investment" that (I quote) "is risk free for you (because i cover all losses)"

It now seems that he has squandered the money in pyramid schemes and worthless investments, and during recent contact with him I believe he has no intention to repay the funds.

I am currently working with a Malaysian lawyer to bring about a civil litigation against this person:

Home Address: A-02-10, Glenview Villa, Tmn Pinggiran Cheras, 56100 Kuala Lumpur.

please tell exactly how you got lured in

did you bite on a private/pm offer or what?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What the hell is going on lately...instead of buying domains on this forum everyone is giving other members money for other things...scam after scam after scam, listen people..stop sending other members money and get your eye back on the prize! (buying quality domains)

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has he promised any type of refund or just dodging your phone calls/emails? Sorry that happened to ya.

No he has not made any effort or plans to refund the money

please tell exactly how you got lured in

did you bite on a private/pm offer or what?

Yes it was a private offer on PM ("our team of experts blah blah"), however I have been dealing and talking with this person for years and thought him trustworthy, actually I thought him to be a buddhist, seems that his version of buddhist teachings includes online fraud.

So much for Strength, Honor and Compassion, what a joke.

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only trust well established companies the internet is full of scams maybe 5% if not more of online websites are scammers i get emails daily from scammers im sure we all do.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I remember Legend... Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation VirtualT!

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Kris,

But you took the risk of investing your money, that is a big risk to take.

Goodluck mate

BTW. I am a Perth domainer too.

adomainstar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes me too, Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation VirtualT.

I'll try to ask malaysian police, whether they can help you to solve this problem or not.. I'll inform you within 24 hour

(I hate Scammer Artist)

BTW: I'm Malaysia Domainer

I'll try my best to help you

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes me too, Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation VirtualT.

I'll try to ask malaysian police, whether they can help you to solve this problem or not.. I'll inform you within 24 hour

(I hate Scammer Artist)

BTW: I'm Malaysia Domainer

I'll try my best to help you

That would be great, i was planning on contacting the authorities but was not sure about the best way to go about it.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry man.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it is too good to be true it most likely isn't.

Sorry to say, but how can you believe that there is something like a risk free investment ?

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Virtual.

For anyone else reading this, Forex trading is very, very high risk - especially when trading using high leverage.

A few people make fortunes - 99.9% lose.

It's a punt - pure and simple.

I'd love to know what legend.name thought he was going to do to cover losses.

It appears that the one thing a recession does, is show people in their true colours - so many revert to scamming - it's an eye-opener.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Virtual.

For anyone else reading this, Forex trading is very, very high risk - especially when trading using high leverage.

A few people make fortunes - 99.9% lose.

It's a punt - pure and simple.

I'd love to know what legend.name thought he was going to do to cover losses.

It appears that the one thing a recession does, is show people in their true colours - so many revert to scamming - it's an eye-opener.

Fair enough, warn people but that is not true. Know what you are doing, and takes educated punts and you can win big time.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, warn people but that is not true. Know what you are doing, and takes educated punts and you can win big time.

Do you do it?

I did - for two years - full time. It was my living.

I made money, but not enough to make the stress worthwhile; got grouchy with the wife and kids whenever it wasn't going my way.

I still dabble, in fact I bought cable this mornig on its dip - I could stop that position now and make a few hundred £. Difference now is, I look on it as a hobby.

That's why I tell people to look on it as a bet, and never use money that you need for anything else.

So, GUA, what's your experience?

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Big wins come with big risks, that's almost a law of nature. Risks can be covered partly, but risk-coverage will lower your expected ROI. You can only aim at big returns by taking big risks. Forex trading on margin can make you a fortune, but the risk of losing everything you invested is also very real.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear bout that Virtual.

As far as trading risk goes it's called money management ladies and gents...learn to love it or you will soon learn to hate yourself. There are many vehicles to trade out there...forex belongs near the bottom of the list. Be happy to help anyone here with stocks or index futures once in a while for free, as long as your not a dick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom