• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

List of Largest Domain Owners/Portfolios

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelg314

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
1
Does anyone have a list of the largest domain portfolio owners (both corporations and individuals)? Also, does someone know their order from largest to smallest? For instance:

COMPANIES
Marchex.com
Digimedia.com
Ireit.com
Greatdomains.com (sedo.com)
Nameadministration.com
Recallmediagroup.com
Buydomains.com
Oversee.net
Fabulous.com
Demandmedia.com
Internetbrands.com
Internetrealestate.com
etc.

INDIVIDUALS
M.A. Stenzel
Kevin Ham
Adam Dicker
Rick Schwartz
etc.

I sincerely appreciate your help.


Thanks.
 
These probably fit into the list somewhere, not sure about the order.

M.A. Stenzel
Adam Dicker
Rick Schwartz
nameadministration.com
recallmediagroup.com

An accurate top 100 portfolio holders list would be interesting to read.
 
nameadministration.com & buydomains have 300K & 800K domains respectively (I think).
Others quoted above like M.A. Stenzel, Rick Schwartz, Digimedia have less domains but better quality.
 
Great. Can anyone else help out?

Internetbrands.com
Internetrealestate.com

Let's keep this list going. Thx.
 
Fabulous.com with at least 500,000 names
 
Does anyone have a list of the largest domain portfolio owners (both corporations and individuals)? Also, does someone know their order from largest to smallest? For instance:

COMPANIES
Marchex.com
Ireit.com
Namemedia.com
Nameadministration.com
Recallmediagroup.com
Buydomains.com
Fabulous.com
Internetbrands.com
Internetrealestate.com
etc.

INDIVIDUALS
M.A. Stenzel
Kevin Ham
Adam Dicker
Rick Schwartz
etc.

I sincerely appreciate your help.


Thanks.

NameMedia owns BuyDomains.com, might want to scratch that one.
 
Who is M.A. Stenzel???, i've never red about him....
 
Who is M.A. Stenzel???, i've never red about him....

A guy with a huge swathe of generic domains. I think his motto is "I don't monetize, I don't develop, and I don't sale." Nothing unnerves investment opposition like forcing them to watch you piss millions of dollars down the drain. :D
 
Who is M.A. Stenzel???, i've never red about him....
I think he must be a collector :smilewinkgrin:
He has a very nice collections of generic .com domains including city names.
He owns quite a few .org country domains too.
 
You really need to get a current zone file and analyse it to get real answers. That's based upon the assumption that the 'players' have pretty much uniform NS parking - which many mentioned do.
 
Dale, what do you mean by current zone file? Thx.
 
Shouldn't Sedo be on the list? They recently acquired GreatDomains.com and must have a decent portfolio.
 
Dale, what do you mean by current zone file? Thx.
For .com e.g., comes from Verisign. Contains a definitive list of all domains together with their associated name servers for DNS service all over the world.
 
How would I obtain such a zone file? Is it possible? Thx.
 
I am currently downloading the current .com zone file from DRT - 1GB compressed ..and it's text so imagine the uncompressed file's size!
 
Are you talking about the people with the most domains in their portfolio or the most valuable portfolio? Some of the ones on your list like internetrealestate.com only own like 17 domain names, the names are probably worth a hundred million dollars but its not a large portfolio.
 
I wonder if bill gates name will be up there soon, and some oil tycoons
 
Either one... Those who own the greatest number of names as well as those whose names are extremely valuable.
 
I'd like to keep this list growing (if possible). Anyone else have any other suggestions? Thx.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom