• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed LocalProperty.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Address

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
1,058
Reaction score
1
Need some feedback on localproperty.com. (Local.com sold for $700,000. and Property.com sold for $750,000. in 2005.) Thanks.
 
(Local.com sold for $700,000. and Property.com sold for $750,000. in 2005.)

You have both. That would add up to $1,450,000 :lol:

Now serious

Low xx.xxx should be minimum

Great Name!!!
 
can obviously not be compared to either one of those other domains in value, the singular hurts this domain a lot, localproperties makes a lot more sense, although I know that lower appraisals are not very popular, I honestly think this domain is worth mid to high $xxx
 
Great name!
I would take nothing less then X,XXX
possibly be looking for low XX,XXX from right buyer
 
I am in the Real Estate biz and to be honest the word "local" is not a keyword.

Words like these are used daily but not 'local'

Retail, Commercial, Vacant, Improved, Residential, Office, Real, etc...

I am not saying its not a good domain, it could be made into a site and marketed and would turn a profit. I say $x,xxx or lower.
 
localproperties makes a lot more sense, although I know that lower appraisals are not very popular, I honestly think this domain is worth mid to high $xxx

RUBBISH! This is a super domain. Property can be singular or plural. The property market is not referring to one property! This domain will sell for $xx,xxx to the right enduser. Memorable, catchy, generic, key word rich etc
well done!
Guy
 
imo,
high$xxx to low$xxxx end buyer.
 
Thats exactly what I meant by low appraisals are not popular, I am not saying its a bad domain, its a good domain, all I said was that the plural is better, if you disagree you are probably not a native speaker of English, the phrase "local property" is, I am sorry to say, NOT keyword rich, for properties rich keywords are those with locations in them, if you had any real estate domains you would know this..

RUBBISH! This is a super domain. Property can be singular or plural. The property market is not referring to one property! This domain will sell for $xx,xxx to the right enduser. Memorable, catchy, generic, key word rich etc
well done!
Guy
 
@domainah is having a passion from understimate other domains.:lol: ... now seriosly talking be patient and wait for the best offer.Mid xxxx in my opinion to a reseller.But is also true what domainah said,you can get low xxxxor even high xxx if you are hurried to sell it.
 
@domainah is having a passion from understimate other domains

Actually, I agree with domainah, the plural is much better and would be more suitable for a business venture as it's more natural. 'Local property' in this singular form is usually followed by something like 'tax' or 'local property prices' or sales. Nonetheless, 'localproperty.com' is good enough to warrent my initial appraisal of low x,xxx imho
 
Thats exactly what I meant by low appraisals are not popular, I am not saying its a bad domain, its a good domain, all I said was that the plural is better, if you disagree you are probably not a native speaker of English, the phrase "local property" is, I am sorry to say, NOT keyword rich, for properties rich keywords are those with locations in them, if you had any real estate domains you would know this..

You manage to get it spectacularly wrong in every post you make.
Firstly if you check, I am English & was born in London 34 years ago, which makes me pretty qualified to comment on the 'English lanuage'!
Secondly the phrase 'Local Property' is so good because it can apply to any areas, giving it Global appeal & the possibility for a site covering all areas.
Rich keywords are not just locations. For example localchicagoproperties.com is not nearly as good as the above domain. By putting a placename int here, you develop a 'niche' market, just for that area.
I run a property company incidentally .
People don't mind educated lower appraisals, but when the person is clueless like yourself, they take exception.
Guy
 
You manage to get it spectacularly wrong in every post you make.
Firstly if you check, I am English & was born in London 34 years ago, which makes me pretty qualified to comment on the 'English lanuage'!
Secondly the phrase 'Local Property' is so good because it can apply to any areas, giving it Global appeal & the possibility for a site covering all areas.
Rich keywords are not just locations. For example localchicagoproperties.com is not nearly as good as the above domain. By putting a placename int here, you develop a 'niche' market, just for that area.
I run a property company incidentally .
People don't mind educated lower appraisals, but when the person is clueless like yourself, they take exception.
Guy


hear hear for the english language. property is a collective word. If you are a man of property, you don't just own one house usually.
In this case localproperty means just the same as localproperties. Pick up a paper, the classifieds will probably have a heading Local Property rather than the plural, it looks better and it is better english.

Full marks for the domain I hope it does well. If you wanted to localise it you could subdomain it, derby.localproperty.com etc.

(53 and english)
 
I agree with AndyR and yes I am English and yes I am in the UK. If you are talking about someone who invests in property, you would say he 'owns lots of property', not 'lots of properties'.

I also agree that the domain has global appeal. Loads of niche location sites based around one domain name. Brilliant.
 
If you are talking about someone who invests in property, you would say he 'owns lots of property', not 'lots of properties'.
QUOTE]


I have to disagree with you 100% on this one!! The English language has been stretched and skewed so much that it can be said many different ways depending on what area you were brought up in. If I owned more than 1 property, I personally would say, "I own a lot of properties."

I look at this domain this way....

if I am looking for a so called 'local property', why would i go to a site called LocalProperty.com?? I wouldnt, I would go to FloridaProperty.com (example only) if looking in Florida, GeorgiaProperty.com (example only), if looking in Georgia. This domain is too broad when talking about such a specific target area. My 2 cents....take it for what its worth.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom