• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Look what Santa brought me... F1R.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,349
Reaction score
1
Just got F1R.com on Christmas of all days. I'm very excited about this domaion.

Formula 1 Racing

McClaren F1r

Even F1R.com is used in a myriad of "how to buy internet domains" posted around the Internet.

Sure, 3 characters but WOW!!! What 3 characters!!!

I'm jazzed, obviously. And as a huge fan of the Multi-Billion Dollar F1Racing industry, I think it's a winner.

What are your thoughts?

GoPC
 
wow...one of the best 3 char .com's I have seen in a LONG time...hell of a name dude..if you play your cards right you might seriously be able to land a big ticket sale on this one, I would expect no less than a few grand for it considering it is so meaningful and short.

You could have a 10k-20k name (maybe more) on your hands to the big guys in the F1 industry. :ok:
 
congratulation to Your chrismas present!Hope U will monetise it well.

rokoroko
 
Great name, although Formula One Racing is usually just referred to as F1 and not F1R...especially in Europe..and the FIA owns F1.com as well as formula1.com and they are very aggressive in protecting their trademark..so I think it will be difficult to use it iin connection with formula1 ..but I still think its a 1-3K domain
 
it's a good domain, but obviously you cant sell it to FIA since they might want it for free :)
 
As a fan site or forum and not a competitor it would be completely legal and within his rights to use the domain related to F1 racing...
 
Just got F1R.com on Christmas of all days. I'm very excited about this domaion.

Formula 1 Racing

McClaren F1r

Even F1R.com is used in a myriad of "how to buy internet domains" posted around the Internet.

Sure, 3 characters but WOW!!! What 3 characters!!!

I'm jazzed, obviously. And as a huge fan of the Multi-Billion Dollar F1Racing industry, I think it's a winner.

What are your thoughts?

GoPC

How'd you get it?
 
Does that affect the price? ;)

LOL... seriously, It was a dropped name. Expired. It's funny but I found the guy on another forum that lost it. He's NOT happy about it.

GoPC
 
@#&&I&^%U&Y$#T%#@%@%^#Q$Y&^%*U^%I*%^Y#% damn damn damn..sell it to me dude
 
lol... do you mind linking to the original owner's unhappy post?
 
Christmas euphoria seems to have gripped the appraisals - it's an OK 3 character that does not mean formula 1 racing- only if heavily developed.

f1racing, formula1racing etc -yes, then the tm problem arises.


Overture
procharger f1r 2.5 /day
f1r 0.9 /day





Wordtracker
Check out what else Wordtracker can do for you.
347 f1r 2.0 /day
f1r mustang 2.0 /day
sbf f1r 2.0 /day
swan f1r 2.0 /day

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=f1r++&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q="f1r.COM+"&btnG=Search
A low to mid $xxx JMO
 
Great potential my friend, there are so many F1 fans out there, there will be a lot of possible buyers.

As good as p2p and mp3 imo. Low xx.xxx to an end user.


shopperx
 
Just got F1R.com on Christmas of all days. I'm very excited about this domaion.

Formula 1 Racing

McClaren F1r

Even F1R.com is used in a myriad of "how to buy internet domains" posted around the Internet.

Sure, 3 characters but WOW!!! What 3 characters!!!

I'm jazzed, obviously. And as a huge fan of the Multi-Billion Dollar F1Racing industry, I think it's a winner.

What are your thoughts?

GoPC

Pred likes! :)
I like it dude, but surely the main problem is that you are starting to sound like Mr.T ! 'jazzed' LOL ;)
 
hahaha, i feel so bad for the guy who lost it, maybe give it back to him for a late christmas gift? ;) haha
 
dont feel bad for people that let names expire..they give you a LONG time to renew them, and even after that there is redemption period
 
lol... do you mind linking to the original owner's unhappy post?

LOL... I don't think that would be appropriate, but his poste went something like this:

----
Sorry to say guys, Email isn't going to worlk anymore. I didn't update my credit card information and the domain expired and they wanted a mint to restore it. I didn't have the money and it's gone. Some DAM web squatter has probably got it now and we'll never get it back. Scum of the earth. These guys are ruining the Internet... blah, blah blah...
----

paraphrased of course, but you get the general idea.

The domain was apparently used for a forum or some kinds of "club" where everyond got an email with this domain.

The strange thing is that the WayBack Machine doesn't show anything. Do php/Forums NOT cache?

Anyway, lots of hostility out there. I didn't realize "squatting" was such a dirty job.

GoPC
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom