• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Looking for advice, musician wants his domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the whole "not posting it here" thing...you know we are gonna ask and THEY already know you have it so wtf difference does it make? If you really think about it..lol
 
I don't get the whole "not posting it here" thing...you know we are gonna ask and THEY already know you have it so wtf difference does it make? If you really think about it..lol
Well i guess the platinum forums aren't spidered the by SE's?
 
if's its a generic domain and they have lots of money..take them to the cleaners and demand ALOT of money...it will be free for them really as it's deducted as a business expense/marketing from their budget...if they are small then go easy on them if you really don't mind selling...but definitely don't give it away...care to share what it is?
I think you should do exactly what he said, but just the opposite. It's always easy to gamble with someone else's money. They are trying to go the nice route by offering you cd's and whatnot. A "true fan" who would have built a fan site, would probably accept the cd's. When you ask for any compensation (other than renewal fees), you will show bad faith and probably lose it the name to an inevitable UDRP. Guess it depends how nice they are and whether they want to turn it over to their legal team.
 
I think you should do exactly what he said, but just the opposite. It's always easy to gamble with someone else's money. They are trying to go the nice route by offering you cd's and whatnot. A "true fan" who would have built a fan site, would probably accept the cd's. When you ask for any compensation (other than renewal fees), you will show bad faith and probably lose it the name to an inevitable UDRP. Guess it depends how nice they are and whether they want to turn it over to their legal team.

Well I'm seeking the advice of a lawyer now. Hopefully he can give me the best way to go about this. I already have the cds, signed cds mean nothing to me. I don't fall into the idea of celebrity. Someones signature is just that and nothing more. If i lose the domain, so be it but i hate the idea of just giving it up to someone who is a millionaire.
 
So you already accepted the cd's from them?
 
So you already accepted the cd's from them?
Good question. Actually this really is a wasted thread if we don't know the name, and given that you're consulting a lawyer, I suggest you don't post it.
 
No, i haven't accepted the cds from them. I meant i bought the cds from the store, i already have them in my collection. And yeah, if the lawyer says i have no chance to get money out of it, i'll post the name. Otherwise, i wont. I'm sure you guys understand. I'm sorry if you feel this is a wasted thread. I just wanted to get a feel for what to do.
 
DomainsInc said:
SimpsonMovie(dot)com - make an offer...looking for xx,xxx the movie will break 100mil easy
While your lawyer's on the clock, might as well ask him about this, too. Only a matter of time until Groening and Co. come knocking on your door asking for this one.
 
While your lawyer's on the clock, might as well ask him about this, too. Only a matter of time until Groening and Co. come knocking on your door asking for this one.

Possibly but couldn't they go after basically every site with the word "simpson" in it then? I mean the trademark is "the simpsons", not "simpson" which is a very common last name but yeah, i might as well see what he has to say on that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom