Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Looking For Imput - My First 90 Days As A Domainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjohnson

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Looking for your input on my plans over the next six months -

So I started getting interested in domaining about 4 months ago or so. I first picked up the domain research tool and it has helped me quite a bit. Once I got the tool I started looking into "expired domains" ...

Domains with link popularity and pr - domains that had potential to rank in Google.

I have since purchased about 100 expired domains and have built up my monthly earnings using adsense and the ebay aff program.

Now that I have a "fairly" steady monthly income flow I have started to plan on launching a site to feature my portfolio.

I picked up: availabledomainbuy.com

Not a great name however their is search traffic for "available domain" that I think I can tap into after a year or so online.

I have also started to research domains that are available now to pick up for $6.95 a year. I start with generic keywords with search traffic via wordtracker.com

I understand that domain market uses overture.com... but their always down and they don't offer plural variations. I have tried to stick with domains that are commercial in nature. Something can be sold - product or service.

These are the first batch of these types of domains I have purchased. What are your thoughts - worth anything?

visehandle.com ++ vise handle -- 80 searches daily (wordtracker)
arkansasbreastenhancement.com ++ arkansas breast enhancement -- 116 searches daily (wordtracker)
antiquecribbage.com ++ antique cribbage -- 121 searches daily (wordtracker)
breastenlargementct.com ++ breast enlargement ct -- 107 searches daily (wordtracker)
blanqueclothing.com ++ blanque clothing -- 33 searches daily (wordtracker)
deerskinclothing.com ++ deerskin clothing -- 33 searches daily (wordtracker)
apresskiclothing.com ++ apres ski clothing -- 31 searches daily (wordtracker)
bodysoapset.com ++ body soap set -- 105 searches daily (wordtracker)
bearpillow.com ++ bear pillow -- 55 searches daily (wordtracker)
huntersbackpack.com ++ hunters backpack -- 43 searches daily (wordtracker)
motorcycletourpack.com ++ motorcycle tour pack -- 24 searches daily (wordtracker)
funnytreadmill.com ++ funny treadmill -- 420 searches daily (wordtracker)
gasgolfcarsforsale.com ++ gas golf cars for sale -- 203 searches daily (wordtracker)
oldhearsesforsale.com ++ old hearses for sale -- 88 searches daily (wordtracker)
airsoftmines.com ++ airsoft mines -- 24 searches daily (wordtracker)
airsoftp90.com ++ airsoft p90 -- 23 searches daily (wordtracker)
airsoftmp7.com ++ airsoft mp7 -- 27 searches daily (wordtracker)
airsoftrocketlauncher.com ++ airsoft rocket launcher -- 12 searches daily (wordtracker)
hybridairsoft.com ++ hybrid airsoft -- 11 searches daily (wordtracker)
airplaneantenna.com ++ airplane antenna -- 24 searches daily (wordtracker)
gulfairlinetickets.com ++ gulf airline tickets -- 106 searches daily (wordtracker)
minitureceramicfigures.com ++ miniture ceramic figures -- 38 searches daily (wordtracker)
ultralightairplanekits.com ++ ultralight airplane kits -- 24 searches daily (wordtracker)

Thoughts?
Brian

Dang ... not one reply.

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some of the domains you've bought are very targeted, you should try building some minisites and see what happens...

bjohnson

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep,

That is part of my strategy - since I have the ebay affiliate program down (on track to make over 2k again this month) I tried to pick up names I could develope.

With that being said I would also like to start simply "selling names" or "flipping" some names on a profit. I will keep at it and it will or will not happen over time.

Brian

wma

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, Brian

I just want to say that you have a great blog!
And it is very nice of you sharing so much experience with people.
Thank you!

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$2K per month with ebay affiliate with these names?

Can you send me a PM and tell me how?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$2K per month with ebay affiliate with these names?

Can you send me a PM and tell me how?

Also interested, what ebay affiliate program are you talking about, and how do you earn? By listing related products on your site that can be bought on ebay?

And are the results on wordtracker by day or by month?

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont know for sure the ebay aff app Brian is using - but I picked up an app called Build a niche Store about 6 weeks ago...

Launched 10 domains within the first month, promoted very little...

August revenue was about $300, September is already up past $500 on the same 10 domains, and i have started the process of adding more.

I have quite a bit written in the blog in my sig - the BANS link on the left is affiliate coded, click it if you want... or dont if you dont want to! :)

Honestly, a great point and click product!!

I have a $9/mo hostgator plan that allows unlimited domains and sql dbases. The app installs in 5 minutes after upload! I cannot compare its results to any other ebay aff scripts - this was my first shot.

A couple of the sites running the script:

www.carolinacloseout.com (5 minutes to install, 1-2 hours to customize css look and feel, 2-4 hours for seo)
www.getaracecar.com (5 minutes to install, 8-12 hours to customize css look and feel, 2-4 hours for seo)

Mark

bjohnson

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Have not been here to post for a while - guess I have been busy ;-)

The wordtracker figures are daily ;-) Got love the numbers for some of the domains.

Ebay affiliate is earned from different sites, last month I did 6k with ebay and adsense combined. The domains listed are 6 dollar registrations, l am looking for pure "domaining" income via flips.

I plan on launching my sales site in about four weeks if everything works out right.

Build a niche store:

Yes it works, however I have my own method that is a bit more involved but produces better than build a niche site. I use wordpress with tons of plugins -

I figure if I can not sell these types of domains most of them I can try to set up as ebay affiliate sites. I think I am getting better at spotting good domain names - I have also started to look at .org, .net with a few .us domains in very competitive markets.

I have some great ideas for when I launch my sales site - hopefully it all works out.

Brian

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, You give an impression you are a relative newbie as far as domains go. Even though the names listed in this thread are not bad overall I have to ask you how in the world you earn 6k mo revenue with eBay and Adsense unless the names generate a lot of traffic and I mean lots of quality traffic.

I know of a domainer who gets 5,000-8,000 uniques/day on highly targeted higher paying keyword financial names and they earn less than $2,000/mo from Adsense and less than $100/mo from eBay (which usually pays very poorly, btw). It just seems unlikely the names you listed in the thread could get much in the way of traffic, especially type-ins. Maybe you have many other names you did not list? Please explain how you do this. Thanks.

Hey Everyone,

Have not been here to post for a while - guess I have been busy ;-)

The wordtracker figures are daily ;-) Got love the numbers for some of the domains.

Ebay affiliate is earned from different sites, last month I did 6k with ebay and adsense combined. The domains listed are 6 dollar registrations, l am looking for pure "domaining" income via flips.

I plan on launching my sales site in about four weeks if everything works out right.

Build a niche store:

Yes it works, however I have my own method that is a bit more involved but produces better than build a niche site. I use wordpress with tons of plugins -

I figure if I can not sell these types of domains most of them I can try to set up as ebay affiliate sites. I think I am getting better at spotting good domain names - I have also started to look at .org, .net with a few .us domains in very competitive markets.

I have some great ideas for when I launch my sales site - hopefully it all works out.

Brian

bjohnson

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Trader,

I have mentioned in this thread that I have picked up expired names when I first got started in April. It is these names that I picked up on the cheap that are making me money.

These names are not that brand able and many pure domainers would pass them by. However I searched for domains that had seo qualities ... older domains, strong back links from authoritative sites, ect ...

These are the names that are making me the 6 k monthly ...

The names listed are newly registered - each for 7 bucks a year. These are more "pure domaining" names as my goal is to flip them for a profit or create a site later.

Hope that makes sense ....

Brian

Also,

Ebay pays well ... you just need the right traffic ;-)

Brian

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ebay pays well ... you just need the right traffic ;-)

I concur...

I am truly new to the whole "Monetizing domains" game - bought a bunch before I did any research, made several mistakes, learning the hard way!! :)

One of the few bright spots has been the eBay affiliate program at this point and while some niche sales do pay little (.25 cents) there are others that pay quite a bit ($25.00+)

The one thing I have learned in a short time... diversification works best!

Mark

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interesting.......i guess though that this wont be the case with names that do not have traffic...backlinks....etc....can u show an ex of an ebay affiliate site of yours?

tony

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I figure if I can not sell these types of domains ..
You don't need to and actually shouldn't even be considering selling these domains if they're making you this amount of money .. in fact ... pick some more of them up, a lot more ... keep building sites ... do this for a year and then retire.

bjohnson

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Help me ...

Nobody understands my thread.

Guys .... here it is:

1) I purchased expired domains in the spring and created mini sites promoting ebay and adsense.

2) earnings from these sites makes me about 6k a month - of course I am not selling.

3) I am now ready to flip domain names - buy low and sell high(er)

4) please evalute the domains listed below - do you think I can make enough with these types of domains.

antiquecompacts.com
antiqueflag.com
lyricdisplay.com
autorentalsspain.com
golfhybridirons.com
golfrssfeed.com
gamesrssfeed.com
jewishrssfeed.com
dirtrssfeed.com
iraqrssfeed.com
bitchesrss.com
hybridrssfeed.com
motorrssfeed.com
filmsrssfeed.com
ebonyrssfeed.com
spainrssfeed.com
tattoorssfeed.com
babyrssfeed.com
vacationagencies.com
somevacation.com
tryvacations.com
vacationssidney.com
holdvacation.com
upflights.com
newreleaseondvd.com
ramgpsmounts.com
memorybackups.com
backupmirroring.com
HDCONVERTORBOX.COM
HDVIDEOFILES.COM
HDPOLYBAGS.COM
FORMATHD.COM
HDSUPPLYSALE.COM
HDTUNERBOX.COM
BESTHDCAMCORDER.COM

All domains listed were created striaght from wordtracker.com all have nice daily search totals. Most domains are about products - stuff people sell.

Would you pick up any of these names for reg fee?

LOL >> I sure hope someone understands this thread now.

Brian

Please don't ask about ebay in this thread - I am more than willing to help (see sig links for videos on ebay) this thread is about the value of the domains listed.

;-) Thanks

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me see if I can help you get your thread back on track.

The only one's from that list that I would consider are memorybackups.com and maybe a few of the HD ones. The reason being that I tend to only buy domains that I wouldn't mind developing if I had to. And the majority of the names you listed wouldn't have high enough PPC value for development to be worth it or just sound too awkward for an end user to fork over big money.

Btw - great work with your blog. Stands out above most of the rest in polish and thoughtfulness.

bjohnson

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah ... thank you. LOL

Yes some of those names listed above I should have kept off. Those rss domains ... not sure those were good buys. However from the info I am getting from some I think I have enough good names (and can find more of them) to be able to make it in the resellers world.

Brian

wishmeluck

Gold Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hello brian
i'm new to this too, about 1 month of study and i've purchased about 100 names so far.

are you finding your backlinked/high PR names with traffic exclusively with DRT or are there certain auction sites that list this info?

what price of the aftermarket domains do you like or what was the avg or median price price of the the 1st 100 domains?

i think your rss ones are good, at least from an seo perspective and that makes them good to me.

thanks, steve
thank,
steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators