Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

looking for localwhois successor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliteNIC

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I let my localwhois subscription lapse and when I go back its all replaced with some namespider garbage. All I want is a daily email list of expiring names, plaintext, one-per-line. Willing to pay on par with what localwhois charged, there's gotta be something out there, right?

(or does localwhois still offer those daily email lists without the namespider garbage?)

Domain summit 2024

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
I've been a localwhois subsciber for a while, then when they changed the price to $50/mo I didn't bother to renew. But yesterday I subscribed to thier service again which they now brought down to $35/mo.

Basically I see no major changes in the old LW and the namespider plus, I think they just changed the name and make it sound different so they can attract other people besides speculators, saying stuff like this:

NameSpider helps companies identify a list of domains related to thier brand universe.

Doing this might have had something to do with the SnapNames affiliation or whatever they started. In the account it's basically the same old stuff except they have less downloadable/print lists. And yes they do still offer the e-mail lists like they used to. :)

I would suggest www.domainsweekly.com also for just quality domain soon-to-expire lists, i use them, and I just sort thier lists through excel to separate them in text files by expiration date.

I used DomainsBot.com several times in 2001 but not sure how they compare with others today.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
free!!!

quack quack quack

free :confused: Who pay my isp? :D
J/K. :laugh:
Thx.net for the free service. Quack...

NetShooter

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UsedDot.com is the best one!!!

Dear eliteNic,

LocalWhois offers the same services, but for a cheaper price. You can download daily lists as plain text files!.

PS: UsedDot.com, thanks for having copied our design!

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duck, where do you get your lists from?
Do you have access to root files or do you just post from a subscription service? (We won't tell anyone :)!)

PS. I found one of your ducks: \_o-

Originally posted by domainduck
Expired dot-com lists are posted daily at

http://www.domainduck.com/hi/freeexp.htm

quack, domainduck :D

D

domaingator

ok, enough of the knock off logos. DG is the original chomper!

Originally posted by localwhois
Dear eliteNic,

LocalWhois offers the same services, but for a cheaper price. You can download daily lists as plain text files!.

PS: UsedDot.com, thanks for having copied our design!

Hmmm.. I just took a look at LocalWhois, and UsedDot.com. They don't look all that similar to me.

Case in point, UsedDot.com was generated by Frontpage 5.0. LocalWhois.com was generated by something called "Page Publisher". The source code is completely different and I didn't see any copied images.

Unless UsedDot.com is incredibly fast at changing their web site, I'd say that was a pretty unprofessional jab at a competitor...

Take care,

Brian

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Originally posted by bennoart
www.exody.com is the best

I second that. I started trying out exody a few days ago and they truly have some quality service over there. No doubt about it their lists (including thier hourly updated soon to expire names which I find very useful) are much more useful than local whois, but Exody's design really does lack, which probably put off lots of people.

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
exody is like one of those hole in the wall restaurants that you never want to go into but one day you do....and damn it sure is good....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators