Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

legal Looks like 8t.com was just stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwilson

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got this email 5 minutes ago from Domains Administrator <[email protected]>:

"hi
today i want to sell 8T.com for 1000 EURO - paypal payment
this offer is valid just for today and payment should be paypal
if you still want this well aged and good domain let me know
regards"

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

The paypal email for the guy is: [email protected]

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

The guy that stole the domain is on this forum: thuiswerk
I just received a negative feedback about this thread from him.

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

This is the feedback: put my domain on the forum and telling its stolen,very newbie and *****

pottter

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I unfortunately bought from the same seller via Flippa. He's very smart and knows his way around flippa and currently has an auction up with various stolen domains. According to Flippa the account he used yesterday when I purchased was a hacked account. I would assume he's hacked another account. Paypal was make to [email protected] with a name of Michael Thompson.

filmlion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am another victim of this scammer. I don't know how these people live, don't they understand they'll get all the evil they did back to them big time when the time comes.
What he or she does is creates a scammer auction by listing a number of high pagerank domains and as a main site only one very low PR domain that they somehow confirms (maybe that's the way to locate the scammer?) - then they set quite an attractive price for the package to attract the potential buyer to BIN via Paypal - both Flippa and Paypal are USELESS to get the money back once you understand you were scammer, I disputed the amount the next day after sending the money, and it still didn't help in the end - I am still trying to find ways to dispute the money and will involve police to get Paypal open details about that account and if there is bank attached we can phisically locate him and then pursue by law of the country where they are, I have a friend working at Interpol and will involve if necessary. But it's a pity that both Flippa and Paypal could take actions to protect buyers from the scammers like this - with domains it's very easy to prove the new ownership, and if not proven, the funds should be returned. Flippa could require all properties listed to be verified before allowing the scammers just go out there and scam people. I understand the world isn't perfect but these scammers must be punished in the end.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
User has been permanently banned.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom