Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Looks like Enom Club Drop Has Changed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We can bid now, interesting.

What do you think?

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Login and look. $99 plus blind bidding system. Seems like a waste of $99 now.

Y

_Yakov_

Oh I see, now most members will unsubscribe from the service, I'd predict.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Club Drop works the same as before (including the monthly fee), but the new bid process will act as a tie-breaker for high demand names. Once you have submitted your domain names, a list will appear with the option to place your bids on each name.

Y

_Yakov_

Yes, good that I didn't open additional accounts I was about to open in 48 hours. :)

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so it's like 000domains drop club but here you also have to pay the $99 to even play.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jh3
but here you also have to pay the $99 to even play.

If they were any good at catching the high profile names, it might make sense, but they haven't done very well in the game I don't think. I'm not paying 99/mo just for the privilege of being able to pay more later.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are also bidding against no one, you might bid 2000 enom credits and the guy below you was only going to pay 500 enom credits. You just overpayed $1500!

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Yakov_
And what's the reason to open multiple accounts now ? :laugh:

No reason anymore

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Those drop registration services would like to stop WLS so they can get more money from users. ... now it seems everyone in the bidding game ... nice and quality name will approximately cost you $1000 above ... gain for the registrar lost for us ....:mad:

TheWatcher

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I actually like it and feel it was long overdue - the process was too random before. Now I can bid zero for the domains I'm halfhearted about and a bit more for those I want.

Club Drop does get some high profile domains - but watching them decide what reseller gets them is a pain, and I feel somewhat cheeted if I don't get it :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are lots of places where you can bid on a domain and know exactly what you are bidding on...and you don't have to pay up front before you even know if they have a domain you would want to bid on in the first place. Sounds goofy to me.

Y

_Yakov_

Yup, sounds like they have just selected a profit minimization strategy. :laugh:

Manu

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmmm so how does the points system work? what does 1000 points cost for example? I predict mass profits for enom for crap names :(

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In most bidding systems, you get the name for the price that the #2 bidder is willing to pay plus one bid increment. In this new enom system, you get the name for the max price that you are willing to pay. Big difference.

I have said this before, but it bears repeating: The profits in expiring names are shifting from speculators over to the registrars. The registrars have gotten organized and formed the Domain Justice Coalition (a loaded, misleading name if I ever heard of one -- the group is looking out for its own financial interest, which is fine -- they are not interested in justice, however). DJC is working to derail the Wait List System.

Meanwhile, speculators here have not figured out that the only thing that will keep the profits in the game for speculators is WLS. WLS will also help Joe End User (get the name he wants) who has no idea what is going on with Namewinner, Pool, DropWizard, and now Enom. And, I can tell you for sure, Snapnames are not what they used to be. My Snapbacks are losing left and right against the other services, especially against Pool and BuyDomains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom