Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Looks like Enom Club Drop Has Changed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are Enom points? It looks to me like a point is equivalent to a dollar so why don't they just say dollars and avoid additional confusion? Also when do you bid? It sort of looks like you place a bid at the same time you enter a name but they don't spell it out. Or would you bid after the domain is acquired like Pool? From my standpoint it's all academic anyhow since I won't be a part of it. :)

llew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Manu
hmmm so how does the points system work? what does 1000 points cost for example? I predict mass profits for enom for crap names :(

1 enom pt = US$1

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by llew

1 enom pt = US$1

That's brilliant. Let's not call a duck a duck, let's call it a squirrel instead - even though it will still really be a duck! :laugh:

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

That's brilliant. Let's not call a duck a duck, let's call it a squirrel instead - even though it will still really be a duck! :laugh:

It's the age old marketing ploy to make you think your not spending $ when you actually are. They're taking advantage of the auction fever that we've all seen on NW and Pool in the not too distant past. If I were them I'd be doing the same.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a joke. The idea is ok but the implementation is flawed.
Making a person name their price without knowing if someone else has a bid. Talk about greedy!
THis is the type of thing which causes companies to fail. Literally. I mean how can you count on the management of a company which implement s this type of system? Damn and I have like 200+ domains at enom.

Gotta go post where Chris Ambler will see it.

C ya

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh I don't blame them for going to the auction format - they're in business to make money and they will obviously make more that way. But I'm sorry, they will never make me think I am not spending real money when I use my squirrels (I mean...my points).

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably is a squirrel.

I don't like a system where I can't see what price I'm bidding against.. and I don't even know what the currency is I'm bidding with.. The first time I read it I thought, what the hell is an eNom point?

Oh, and whats up with these wacky smilies?! I wake up and everything is different!

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by clemzonguy
Hey guys I have a solution for all this greedy nonsense....It's called WLS. :d (b)

:d I can't wait.

TW

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If Snap was smart, they would convert over to a bidding system too just to piss domainers off so much that they would all start supporting WLS.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of trying drop club, not now.... this is the worst bidding system I've seen yet.

All we need now is for Sucknames & godaddy to go to a bidding system & then I fully support WLS.

I'm starting to support it more everyday the way things are going..

hotsauce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's all about business.

Right now you're paying to the lesser of two evils--a handful of enterprising registrars.

Come WLS, you'll be forking over everything to NSI.

Which would you rather have?

and these MSN emoticons don't feel right for a bbs.

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok

just found out that you can still add a list of 25 names with no bids so im still for enom

but i dislike the bidding system

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If Snap was smart, they would convert over to a bidding system too just to piss domainers off so much that they would all start supporting WLS.

Domainers are already pissed off by snaps ineffectiveness against the "powers that (wont) be (for long)"

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dotleader if someone else has one of those 25 names which you didn't bid on in their list and they bid $9 they will get it. Kind of stinks for the ok names. BD and Ult etc, etc. will be paying out the ass for marginal names.

So now I can pay out the ass at Pool, Namewinner and now enom!

Just when I was starting to really enjoy CD!

And I want the old smilies back! :-(

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom was just trying to get a loyal user base and now they will cash in their chips. Pool has played this game much better and has been richly rewarded already for doing so. The $99 signup fee is a little too much to ask in my opinion they need to do away with that altogether as well. I'm sure they will do so eventually. But there will still be the few that will bid high on just about every name. In the meantime they will collect money from low end users so maybe keeping the fee is good for the few that think they have a fighting shot. I have been POed in the past when club drop members got names I would have paid 10-20 times for and then afterward they wanted to sell it for 50-100 times that.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would not have anything against this bidding system, if they really would get some domains! Yesterday again 0 out 50! But yes I think they have to upgrade theyre system and they need money, it was simply mather of time when they add this bidding system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom