• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed los.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxwelton

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I've owned this since '95--hosted my business there for all that time, but recently have considered selling it, having been approached with an offer which wasn't too bad but clearly was too low. To test the market, I have it listed on sedo and even fooled around with an ebay auction just for giggles. I have a sedo appraisal which seems to reinforce my idea of what it's worth, but would be curious what others think.

Any thoughts on value?

"Los" is a spanish dictionary word, of course, and an acronym for Loan Origination System, Line of Sight, and many other terms.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

--Roger
 
NAV.no $717,978
POS.com $252,500
NHS.com $151,300
Ich.de €40,000 = $48,451
Buy.net $45,450
PBR.com $38,501
OLN.com $30,475

You must get the idea by now.
POS.COM= $252,500
100,000 to 200,000
I would guess.
You have a great domain.
 
I think we have an optimist in Spectre ;)

My opinion , all premium letters decent use, easy $XXXXX but more in the low range. JMO, what do I know :)
 
You have a great domain. I love it.....
 
Los in spanish is ´The´ in plural...so maybe also could be used for a great website of domain sales in spanish as the.com

Great name.

$xx,xxxx
 
200K might be a little high in the short run or an ebay auction, you would need an extreme motivted buyer for it, although los is a great domain its not as good as pos, since pos means Point of Sale , thats why the buyer bought it,... los might mean something in Spanish and it also can mean start in German, but those countries do not pay as high of an amount for .coms usually, but your domain should be at least 30K to a reseller even, I can see you getting 75-100K offers in the mid-run from some end users
 
Great domain. Not as good as some 3 letters like nip, where you don't have to spell. You'll always have t say L O S dot com. No hardship really! I'd love it. I'm sure you'll get $40 - $50k . The fact you have had had an established website etc & traffic can only add futher. 10 years you say & more. Impressive. Like the Legendary JP sys, Hi.net is on sale at mo, I think that is in a league of it's own. Can't believe NHS.COM went for that 'cheap'.
Anyway all he best. Guy:kev:
 
Excellent name. If you sell for less than 50K you run a good risk of having seller's remorse in the not-so-distant future. It falls below the great three-letter names, but it is also well above the average ones.

Make-em pay six-figures or hold it for a few years. I cannot imagine it being worth lower than 100K in 2010.

Money in the bank.
 
Agreed, $50,000 should be the very least you should ever consider selling it for.

$100,000-$150,000 seems about right
 
Thanks for the replies, which make me think I'm not totally bull-headed in my thinking! I haven't actually marketed the domain, aside from listing it on sedo, so maybe I'll give "active" marketing some thought.

Otherwise, I'm happy to keep it for a few more years, there are some business and personal plans I could pursue with the cash from a sale now but there are other places to fund them from rather than short-sell the domain.

Incidentally, I admire those of you who are making money at the domain game. I have purchased a few names over the years but none with any foresight and none other than los.com are really worth much. Well, I have one classic car domain that might be worth something, but the rest are reg fee at best...which is OK, as they were bought for (mostly stillborn) projects, not for investment.
 
I am so envious :)

Good luck with the sale, hope you get what you want :)
 
just noticed:

gev.com 1 $100,000

1 bid for 100k on gev.com at tdnam
 
Just to clarify I had reseller price on the brain. To a end user much much more indeed.
 
domainah said:
200K might be a little high in the short run or an ebay auction, you would need an extreme motivted buyer for it, although los is a great domain its not as good as pos, since pos means Point of Sale , thats why the buyer bought it,...

Also the owner claimed $7k in monthly parked income for POS.com, which means it sold for just about 3 years income. If LOS.com is making as much per month parking I'm sure you could get a similar price.
 
50-100k minimum

otherwise hold and sit tight
 
$75 - $125 k+ ( end user ... short-mid term )

VERY nice name.... would look welll in my portfolio :)

Gerard
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom