Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

loss of domain name due to registrar neglect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I lost my domain name due to the fact that the Registrar was german and I did not understand their emails. I got an email stating that the domain would expire on such and such a date, due to their being a foreign registrar, I placed a transfer request at Register.com.

I noticed my website was not functioning, so I went to the foreign registrar's website and corrected the DNS info..the site was functioning again for about 3 weeks, which led me to believe that the transfer of the domain name was completed.

However, a week later, the site was again non-functioning and when I attempted to change the DNS info at Register.com (NameBargain), I noticed the whois info was changed, even though I was charged for the transfer and the name was and still is listed on my NameBargain account.

I sent numerous emails to the foreign registrar, only to receive either autoresponses or emails that I did not understand due to the language barrier.

I submitted a complaint to ICann and have never received a reply.

I also send emails to the new owner offering to purchase the domain back, but have also not received a reply.

What other steps, if any, may I take in order to get my domain name back, or is it even possible?

Thanks

Domain Summit 2024

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"I lost my domain name due to the fact that the Registrar was german and I did not understand their emails."

What was/is the domain name?? My feeling is that the more 'specific you are here, the more an attorney may be able to help you. IMO.
Good Luck.

Jazz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What was/is the domain name?? My feeling is that the more 'specific you are here, the more an attorney may be able to help you. IMO.
Good Luck.

Thanks

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, there is something I am not clear about:
You work with a foreign registrar, but do no understand the language, well in that case surely it is your fault as they did inform you about the expire date.
Is it JOKER.com or was it core.joker.com ?
And when did you loose that domain?
Joker.com states they inform their customers 30 days before the expire date and you loose your domain if you neither transfer it nor pay again.
As you was charged for the transfer could it be that something went wrong at your new registrar ?
If you PM me the German eMails you received I will be able to tell you exactly what they say.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Was it a joker reseller maybe?

I have domains with joker, they send me German/English emails - I no longer have domains at Core.Joker, but they were English/German emails to.
I do agree about their support, unresponsive, but they do have good FAQs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators