Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal lost auth-code (EPP code)

modguy98

Reaction score
my friend/client registered his domain in Russia through a recognized registrar, but the anonymous developer never gave him the auth code. he wants to move hosting the domain to the US, but there is no cooperation from the registrar or ICANN on resolving this problem. we showed them canceled checks but it was no use. Just because we don't have the auth-code have we lost control of the disposition of the domain forever? is there no protocol for addressing this matter? we can't be the only people this has ever happened to? thanks in advance for any relevant advice.

Domain summit 2024

modguy98

Reaction score
thanks for the citation. it's probative but I can't seem to fully apply the criteria. it's close, but there has been no abusive registration. did you see a way the fact pattern I described falls under the administrative procedure?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if, your friend "registered" the domain, then why can't they login to that registrar and get auth code?

imo...

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the citation. it's probative but I can't seem to fully apply the criteria. it's close, but there has been no abusive registration. did you see a way the fact pattern I described falls under the administrative procedure?
Biggie is right, your friend should have access if he was the one that registered it, or if it was registered by a web designer, then yes, either get the auth code from them or file a UDRP. There are cases like that where a web designer did not hand over the domain after leaving a company etc., so yes, they can award the domain to you through UDRP.

modguy98

Reaction score
Biggie is right, your friend should have access if he was the one that registered it, or if it was registered by a web designer, then yes, either get the auth code from them or file a UDRP. There are cases like that where a web designer did not hand over the domain after leaving a company etc., so yes, they can award the domain to you through UDRP.

UDRP. Thanks

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators