• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed MahmoudAbbas .com- Palestinian Prime Minister

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
.
The palestinian prime minister's name is ALWAYS on the news.. The daily conflict between the jews and palestinians will go on forever. Just watch the news, they are suicide bombing and killing each other everyday ( unfortunately, & yes very sad)

What is the perceived value of the dot-com version of Mahmoud Abbas ?? The new Palestinian Leader after the death of Yasser Arafat ..


Thanks all kindly in advance...
 
the palestinian economy is not doing well and it is very difficult to find an enduser for that domain

60$ ...more if it has nice traffic and can make money from parking

good luck
 
to bad most palestinians don't have computers.
 
dberube said:
to bad most palestinians don't have computers.

What are you talking about? They have computers...they also have plenty of internet cafes...they have university access ect. But probably not doing much in the way of online buying. Not sure if Fedex has armoured vehicles yet.

As to the domain..not sure what someone would do to monetize it..and its value will be determined by whether he is successful in ending terrorism and coming to mutually agreed upon lasting peace with Israel.

If he is successful..could be worth a fair amount...if he fails...well, maybe $0.
 
If he is successful..could be worth a fair amount...if he fails...well, maybe $0

That's totally false.. If he is successful, then he won't be on the news because there is peace.. To be on the news, there has to be conflict.. Think about it ..

the palestinian economy is not doing well and it is very difficult to find an enduser for that domain

And who says the palestinians are the only buyers ? Are you kidding me ? Come on, think outside the box people.. There are plenty of the hundreds and hundreds of jewish online organizations who I am sure would love to own this domain name ..

Are you trying to tell me some person in some other country wouldn't like to own GeorgeWBush.com ?? Again, think about it ..

Not only that, but there sure are many many arab people in other arab countries who wouldnt mind laying claim to MahmoudAbbas.com, since they all support the palestinian plight against Israel..


Come on guys, I thought you could see the bigger picture here.. This is elementary .

.
 
everyone relax, just trying to make a funny.
 
Sarah said:
That's totally false.. If he is successful, then he won't be on the news because there is peace.. To be on the news, there has to be conflict.. Think about it ..


Hi Sarah....I have thought about it and you have it exactly backwards. If Abbas can pull off a REAL peace deal that sticks...then he will go down in history and remembered forever.
It would monumental if Abbas and Sharon can close a deal...no one will forget them and it will be far from not in the news. The Israeli/Palestinian conflict is one of the most covered stories ever. OO also...if Abbas is successful and makes the moves that are need to resolve this conflict...chances are very high that he won't live long enough to see the state presntation ceromony...there are many people who do not want to see this ended...for many reasons. They have said there are already people putting a price on his head.

In which case you very well may find a buyer that will be willing to pay big money for the domain...it will definatly become a colectable domain ( which personally is what I see this domain as ... not a money maker ). You may also get a call from a palestinian lawyer requesting the domain...creating monuments is a big thing in the Arab world...Personally I would very much like to see this happen...It would be great to see peaceful solution in my lifetime.

ON the other hand..if Abbas proves to be another Arafat clone...and fails to come to an agreement then he will fade off into the abyss. The domain will still be a collectable that will hold some value to someone...but it certainly won't be a big pay day.

btw..I am not knocking the domain...and I am not trying to attack you on this. Merely a dicussion.


Sarah said:
And who says the palestinians are the only buyers ? Are you kidding me ? Come on, think outside the box people.. There are plenty of the hundreds and hundreds of jewish online organizations who I am sure would love to own this domain name ..

Why would an Jewish online organization want the domain? Also why wouldn't you think an online Arab organization would want it? Plus don't you think that Palestinians and other Arabs would be less than happy with Jews owning his name? ( I am Jewish btw .. there is no interest I could see using it for other than propaganda/provocation uses or to set up a bio site about Abbas...I have interest in doing neither of those things ) An organization like ISM, CAIR or any number of other organizations might have interest.

Sarah said:
Are you trying to tell me some person in some other country wouldn't like to own GeorgeWBush.com ?? Again, think about it ..

I never said there wasn't some collector that would want the domain...the question is what would they be willing to pay for it...and that will be directly related to what I wrote above.
And yes...again..I did think about it.

Sarah said:
Not only that, but there sure are many many arab people in other arab countries who wouldnt mind laying claim to MahmoudAbbas.com, since they all support the palestinian plight against Israel..

You are getting very defenisive here...You are the one that posted here looking for thoughts...we merely answered that question...you don't have to like or agree with us...they are our opinions. Would you just rather I would say ooo hey ya! That name is worth a million dollars? Or be honest?

Sarah said:
Come on guys, I thought you could see the bigger picture here.. This is elementary .

Obviously your see the picture better than us...
 
very well discussed.
The one most useful application to it is a permanent memorial if he goes down to history in the bad or good way :)
 
whether you agree with the man himself is irrelevent, I would expect this domain to get some traffic and either way its probably worth $2000, any world leader who is in the western news that much would make for a popular website
 
.

zoot, first off let me say that I read the story on the traffic 2004 conference and saw you attended .. I respect you as a domainer and maybe we can meet up at a conference and talk business one day ( that is of course, if that is really you I read in the traffic 2004 conference ) .'

With that said, I didn't pay much for the name, paid low $xxx for it ( I know a good deal when I see one) . So no, I am not looking to make a huge profit on it, just a modest one to be honest. Just to get that out of the way ..

With that said, I disagree that jewish organizations would not want the name. I know this because I contacted a few of them ( over 25) through various searches and already have a $1k offer on the table from one of them.

With that said, if there is indeed peace in that region, it will be big news for a few weeks , but after that everyone forgets about it and moves on..

However, if there is alot of conflict, this will put his name on the news much more often and for a much much longer period of time.. I mean, you even admitted this Isreali/Palestinian conflict is one of the biggest news stories of the past few decades .. And it wouldn't have been such a big story if there was perfect peace.. I mean let's be honest here.

Yasser Arafat has been a household name for decades because he was an antagonist .. If he was some peaceful peacemaker, he wouldn't have nearly been as popular..

Hey, the Jordanian Prime Minister is also a peaceful guy, however most north americans couldn't even name him because of that exact reason .. His name is King Hussein .. Now, when North Americans hear the name "Hussein" , who do they think of ? The pig- Saddam Hussein of Iraq ? Or, the peacemaker- King Hussein of Jordan ??? -

Thats Food for thought ..


ps - you have some nice names by the way, just took a look at some of your names .

.
 
GT Web said:
any world leader who is in the western news that much would make for a popular website

unless.....................
sarah said:
Just watch the news, they are suicide bombing and killing each other everyday
:-O
 
Sell it to the 1k offer, although I wonder what they'll do with it.
 
insomnia said:
Sell it to the 1k offer, although I wonder what they'll do with it.

Yes, I just emailed them asking just that - what they plan to do with it. I want to know if they would put up a site in the efforts of peace .

That's the right thing to do IMO .

.
 
zoot, first off let me say that I read the story on the traffic 2004 conference and saw you attended .. I respect you as a domainer and maybe we can meet up at a conference and talk business one day ( that is of course, if that is really you I read in the traffic 2004 conference ) .'

••• Yup that was me :) After a night of too much tequila...and absolutly would be happy to sit down and talk...this last conference was a great opportunity to meet folks that we work and talk with all the time.

With that said, I didn't pay much for the name, paid low $xxx for it ( I know a good deal when I see one) . So no, I am not looking to make a huge profit on it, just a modest one to be honest. Just to get that out of the way ..

•••I hear ya and its not that I don't think the name has no value ( I think it does ) or couldn't be put to good use...its just one of those names that I personally steer away from :)

With that said, I disagree that jewish organizations would not want the name. I know this because I contacted a few of them ( over 25) through various searches and already have a $1k offer on the table from one of them.

••• I didn't say that a Jewish organization wouldn't want it...just think that this particular name could cause provocation in the wrong hands...whether intended or not. It doesn't take much to piss people off in the region.

With that said, if there is indeed peace in that region, it will be big news for a few weeks , but after that everyone forgets about it and moves on..

However, if there is alot of conflict, this will put his name on the news much more often and for a much much longer period of time.. I mean, you even admitted this Isreali/Palestinian conflict is one of the biggest news stories of the past few decades .. And it wouldn't have been such a big story if there was perfect peace.. I mean let's be honest here.

••• It will be HUGE news if peace is reached and if it isn't we will still continue to hear about it every day. But I don't think in either case people will just forget it and move on...too many factors and other related issues are connected to this ( or so I've heard the news claim :) Ya can't beleive everything you read ) Perfect peace in the middle east would be huge news...( why because there has never been such a thing before ) but of course if this was just a recent conflict it would come and go. Anyhow..I really don't want to get started on a discussion of the area...politics and domains don't mix ( for me anyhow )


Yasser Arafat has been a household name for decades because he was an antagonist .. If he was some peaceful peacemaker, he wouldn't have nearly been as popular..

•••If he was a peacemaker the news we would be hearing out of hte area would be how prosperous it was becoming...Yassar was and to a certain extent still is the biggest obstacle to peace between these 2 people. And I agree IF he was a peacemaker we would have heardd much less about him..unfortunaly it wasn't the case.

Hey, the Jordanian Prime Minister is also a peaceful guy, however most north americans couldn't even name him because of that exact reason .. His name is King Hussein .. Now, when North Americans hear the name "Hussein" , who do they think of ? The pig- Saddam Hussein of Iraq ? Or, the peacemaker- King Hussein of Jordan ??? -

•••I agree...when there is peace there is obscurity and most people don't hear of about these other parts of the world.

Thats Food for thought ..

•••Greeat..thanks!! Now I am hungry... :)


ps - you have some nice names by the way, just took a look at some of your names .

•••Thanks :) Been working hard..still long way to go tho...lots of very skilled people out there. I am just happy to be making a living and watching it grow...not alot of business' out there like this one.

( btw..I think we are more or less on the same page on this :) )
 
Mr Webname said:



Ya thats Hamas' and IJ description of a ceasefire..they only do a few suicide bombings.

Its unfortunate..but there is not going to be a pretty solution to this conflict. Its too bad that
these extremist palestinian groups couldn't care less about how their actions affect the palestinian civilians lifes.

They need to learn to love their people more than they hate Israel and the Jews.
 
First off, let me say I wish they would all stop killing each other and destroying lives there..

However, I hate to bring religion into the mix but the holy bible clearly states that there will always be conflict in that region.. This is why I believe peace will never happen long term.

Just my personal opinion, nothing more.

.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom