Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Making an honest mistake on dnforum.com is punishible by closed thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rules are rules, but what about an honest mistake?

After numerous request to open my sales thread I had to take this issue public.

No one in this world is perfect and neither is your forum.

I've had one single sales thread closed on me for not having a title in the last 100000 months and its to much for one mod or admin to re-open it?

If sales forums are going to be taking our domains hostage for not having a god dam title after one mistake in the last 5000 post, then that is one reason for me to stop posting all together and not risking of making a human error for your forum to take my domain and pricing hostage.

Domain pricing changes daily we all know that and having our domains hold hostage for an honest mistake is absolutely just plain stupid, un-original!

I've been requesting since 09-05-2011 to have my thread opened and not a single courtesy reply.

I'm not perfect and I will make mistakes, life would be fruitless if we were perfect!

Members of this forum and their domains don't deserve to be taken hostage. Why not just issue an infraction and delete the thread for the mistake?! Why take us hostage?

I'm well aware of this forum having it's own rules and being a private business who can do what it want's with it's members. But also recognize that this forum would be nothing with out it's members. I'm not just any member, I paid cash to be a member and so did others. Where is the courtesy to this forums supporters? I don't need to post on your forum or be part of this forum, I could take my daily searches and post on other domain forums that are free to use with no silly sales thread rules that take your domain hostage.

As you can read for yourself I'm not to happy this issue.

Anyone who want's to share their opinion in this discussion then please keep it professional and do not post personal attacks. My issue is not the rules rather the courtesy to forgive a member for an honest mistake and to have the courtesy to open the thread by the mod or admin who closes it.

If this forum want's to operate under no mercy rules then make it clear in bold.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dah...open another thread with the proper title format.

Amazingly, some people do learn from their mistakes.

Your name held hostage? Wow, what drama.

Can't wait to see the sequel.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Relax... rules are rules for a reason. How do you decipher an "honest mistake" as you say from people you do not know from a forum? You act like the rules are new here like it's some slick Facebook type change to the Terms and Conditions.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm an exclusive member who rarely post in sales board outside of the exclusive sales board, titles are not required.

Since I rarely post outside of the exclusive club, I made an honest mistake and it's that simple. Is it too much for mods or admins to open a thread?

And DOC really? do you ever have anything good to post? Drama? No one is looking for drama, if you had any experience selling domain names you would understand that threads are indexed and threads with your domain and price are also indexed! I don't just sell domains on forums, I sell domains to end users. Sometimes during financial downtime's, we as Domainers reduce price to reseller value and post on forums for a quick flip. When a domain sales thread is closed with price, then you are risking the chance of closing a deal with an end user based on end user pricing. End users in todays market if you had any experience DOC you would know they use google for everything.... 99.987% of internet users/end users will not use the HTTP field rather use google with your domainname.com in the search field and the first thing that will pop up is the sales thread this forum closed on you with the reseller pricing.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You used hostage way too many times in that post. A bit mellow dramatic I would say. You could of made that post a lot more professional and a bit more direct without all the beating around the bush.

I have had this problem too though, asking for posts to be re-opened so I can delete or request that they be deleted with no action or response for months now, so I am not too far from agreeing with your post. I just wouldn't of handled it this way.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And DOC really?

if you had any experience DOC you would know they use google for everything
Yeah. Never have anything good to say. That's why I spend so much time answering questions or helping noobs.

And no...I have never sold a domain name. Never.

Adam is such a bastard to hold your name hostage.

He must be jealous of your domain names and domain holdings and wanted to squeeze you out of a deal and steal your client.

And this 99.87% bullshit you claim...many of my end users have used brokers like sedo and Afternic or the WHOIS for direct access to me.

And if your name is showing up in an open or closed thread, then it is still showing up. Period.

And if someone wants that name, thread open or closed...very doubtful your "end user" is going to suddenly jump in and join the forum to post sold.

This is not a hostage situation or a hostage crisis. It is admittedly an error on your part, easily corrected, and can be done without all the drama and fanfare of a hostage crisis.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
A member has a legitimate issue and look who shows up again to tear him down, Doc and Zurc, two cynical assholes working hand and hand.

Why don't you two take your flaming bullshit somewhere else?, go register some Mobi's and drop off the face of the earth into the forgotten land of Mobility?

You won't be missed.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"I've been requesting since 09-05-2011 to have my thread opened and not a single courtesy reply."

Can't you just open a new thread, in the right format with the name in the title? At most you might have to wait 7-days (which have already passed) to avoid double-listing.

Reaction score
A member has a legitimate issue and look who shows up again to tear him down, Doc and Zurc, two cynical assholes working hand and hand.

Why don't you two take your flaming bullshit somewhere else?, go register some Mobi's and drop off the face of the earth into the forgotten land of Mobility?

You won't be missed.

Oh the irony of posting a flaming post to moan about members flaming. As you do on every thread where they make a post. I see their names I just know a few posts down there will be Raider to right the wrongs. :rolleyes:

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In this case the rule and what to do about it if caught (wait a day and repost) are rather clear IMHO:

"1. Put the domain name in the title! The domain name of the domain or website listed for sale must be included in the thread title. In the case of multiple domains it is required that at least one domain be included in the thread title. Threads may be closed if there's no domain in the title, however, you would be allowed to repost the thread on a subsequent day if this happens to your thread. "

The rule, put domain in title, is also on every listings page.

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rule was broken but probably for a long time member an exception can be made. It wasn't a huge rule that was broken like he did something deceitful. It was simple mistake. But I do agree that the post was a little much. Maybe just a simple sentence or two post explaining your mistake and your request.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh the irony of posting a flaming post to moan about members flaming. As you do on every thread where they make a post. I see their names I just know a few posts down there will be Raider to right the wrongs. :rolleyes:
Nor is this the first time the OP has posted these types of threads without putting his brain in gear prior to posting.

Recently we saw him attack a member who posted something about DNF and Adam. He was totally wrong in that instance as well.

Oh, I also like the go take the flaming bullshit somewhere else comment.

Like, take domain business to a domain forum? And take political business to a political forum?

Sanctus Domainus Anus Mother Eva - eighty seven point five percent.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone who want's to share their opinion in this discussion then please keep it professional and do not post personal attacks.

My issue is not the rules rather the courtesy to forgive a member for an honest mistake and to have the courtesy to open the thread by the mod or admin who closes it.

i'll share mine and i'll just take it, even if i get attacked for expressing it

Courtesy goes both ways, not just when one wants it extended to them.

everyone is not courteous, or polite in the manner in which they address others and it's often a result of "how one was raised"

there is very little politeness here and most folks are always on edge....waiting to read a keyword that presses their button so they can go off the deep end.

When a domain sales thread is closed with price, then you are risking the chance of closing a deal with an end user based on end user pricing.

when a sales thread is started with a "price below what you would sell it to an end-user", then the OP must assume all responsibility that the domain and price may get indexed.

End users in todays market if you had any experience you would know they use google for everything.... 99.987% of internet users/end users will not use the HTTP field rather use google with your domainname.com in the search field and the first thing that will pop up is the sales thread this forum closed on you with the reseller pricing.

based on my own experiences, reports and posts of how other sellers have received offers to purchase their names, that's too broad of a generalization and percentage of how end-users find domain names to purchase.

imo...

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You reported threads that violated forum rules and asked us to either close the thread or ban the member.

When it's your turn to violated the rules you called it honest mistake?

Rules are rules and you can always create another thread. We moderate the forum and not playing judge to check case by case.
There are situation that we (mods) edit the title and send reminder to new members or members who have not been in the forum for a while.

Just to clarify that the staff moderate the forum and run the business and we do not play cop and waiting to give the ticket.

Last edited:

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

You won't be missed.

Lol, the irony again from this wacko!

1.) Who am I tearing down? Re-read my post.
2.) Cynical asshole? Geez, have you looked in the mirror lately?
3.) Flaming bullshit? What exactly are you doing here? I don't see you offering any suggestions. Only flaming! HYPOCRITE!
4.) I have owned one .mobi in the life time I have been involved with domains. DOH!

Get a life. See a psychiatrist. Get medicated.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

If your going to LIE, the least you can do is make it convincing.... Or maybe it's not a LIE and you only see one point of view, YOURS.

I don't recall going into threads where members are asking for help and ripping those members into shreds, not my style.

Anyone can look through my posts and see I'm not the one who initiates the flaming, the two douche bags your defending do that all by themselves;

Found these in less than 3 minutes;

http://www.dnforum.com/f79/how-do-you-spell-premo-2-thread-466943.html#post2043747

http://www.dnforum.com/f34/where-sell-my-domain-toon-net-thread-466452.html#post2042599

http://www.dnforum.com/f4/getoffonthepain-com-whats-should-i-ask-3-thread-466370.html#post2043225

Yeah. Never have anything good to say. That's why I spend so much time answering questions or helping noobs.

I'll have to dig up that thread "Father Gerry" started where he complained that too many noobs were asking him for advice, HOW DARE THEY!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators