Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

May I suggest a new rule to put everyone in safety in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

There should be a new rule that for WHATEVER the HELL reason, NO ONE is to lend money to ANY members whatsoever in here. PERIOD.

e.g.
Lend $300 to help someone pay for hospitality fee, in return for $350 payment after 2 months. NO.
Lend $50 to help someone pay for school fee, and sender will get $75 in return after one week. NO.
Lend $10 to help someone pay for hosting, in return for free hosting for life. NO.

As I periodically see members in here get ripped off, and scammed. There should be a rule, when a member asks someone to lend him money. The receiver should immediately forward the PM to an admin and get the requester perm banned. We have enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
C

Chuck

I think its your fault that you dont know who your friends are if they were really your friends they wouldn't have done such a thing !

One would hope that is the case but when people are desperate they'll do just about anything, even at the cost of friendship.

Domain Summit 2024
H

H2FC

I think most members, myself included, would like fewer rules instead of more......unless of course they are really necessary.....I don't think this one is.

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Disagree,

There are plenty of us Ron Paul Independent types capable of making our own decisions.

Adding the rule would resemble the nanny police state like say.. someone like McCain or Obama might do.

ZeRohiLL

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Disagree, only because there is a standing rule, and it should be at ones own discretion. If one is going to lend, then they take that chance.

-Zh

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree.

Now can someone shoot me a $20 for gas :smilewinkgrin:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but the times I've been burnt it was friends that took advantage of me. And now they are ex friends.

Quite common,, That's why they say to never loan money to friends..... But theirs always the exception.

I remember our neighbor asked us for $2500, Work was slow for him during the holidays and he was short on cash for his bills and buying Christmas gifts for his Kids, He said he was expecting work the first of the year, so we gave it to him... He paid us back 3 weeks later, 5 weeks sooner than expected.

I realize the Internet is different, It's much easier to shine someone off after they borrow money.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There should be a new rule that for WHATEVER the HELL reason, NO ONE is to lend money to ANY members whatsoever in here. PERIOD.

e.g.
Lend $300 to help someone pay for hospitality fee, in return for $350 payment after 2 months. NO.
Lend $50 to help someone pay for school fee, and sender will get $75 in return after one week. NO.
Lend $10 to help someone pay for hosting, in return for free hosting for life. NO.

As I periodically see members in here get ripped off, and scammed. There should be a rule, when a member asks someone to lend him money. The receiver should immediately forward the PM to an admin and get the requester perm banned. We have enough.

I agree 100%.......if you need to borrow $$ go hit up the US Gov't......they seem to be giving away plenty .......:)

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%.......if you need to borrow $$ go hit up the US Gov't......they seem to be giving away plenty .......:)

The printing machines are being cranked to max capacity.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is just not possible for us to interpret the agreements and play arbitrator. As it has been mentioned before, if you make a decision or investment then you have to live with the risk. We will not get involved to bail you out.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
One would hope that is the case but when people are desperate they'll do just about anything, even at the cost of friendship.

Agree... And with so many people hurting right now, the forums would be a easy target to hit your friends up.

If someone asks you to borrow money in the first place, it's pretty telling what their financial situation is, Lending also invites them to ask you again and again after they repay.... Like were some kind of bank.

I say if your going to lend out money and your not sure you'll get it back, ask for collateral, like a domain that you know you can sell to recover the money in case they don't pay it back.

H

H2FC

Maybe we need a DomainPawn thread where a member can offer a domain as collateral for a cash loan? That could benefit both parties.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for someone to borrow or loan money to another party I would think they would have to be so called buddies at least... If someone asked you for a loan and you think it sounds fishy...I'm sure a heads up to Admin would be good..not saying they could do anything just being aware is sometimes enough to at least catch things in an early stage. I will not be lending or borrowing money and unless you personally know the person I would recommend the same. Just Say No.

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of collateral.

The notion of giving away hard earned paper privately owned federal reserve notes with domain collateral actually makes sense for both people.

It is the responsibility to make your own decisions.

I myself have trusted "friends" to pay me back and now I am owed by several "friends" enough money to buy a handful of LLL.coms. Yes they suck, but ultimately it is my fault for trusting people other than myself.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I want to loan someone money I will. I don't need/want anyone telling me I can or can't.
I don't like being solicited for money by members I don't know/haven't done business with and I will report those incidents and I do appreciate the heads up thread when someone does get burned here, as it is often a possible scam alert.

What I don't like about loaning money is, if they can't repay when they say they will, they are too embarrassed to say so, and you don't hear from them. Now I am not only out the money but a friend/associate as well.
I always tell people , if I help them out, to let me know what is happening. If you can't meet your obligation...let me know. When they don't, you really do feel ripped off, and the non-communication is usually because they are embarrassed about not having the money to repay you...the vicious circle begins...so I rarely lend money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom