Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Meet a Jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When the mention of Trade came up and you heard what the names were, you should of dropped the call right there.

If this happens again and you know the domain of interest, ALWAYS have a set price AND starting price in mind before calling them back.

As for the $1 and .50 offer, people who do this are just plain mean and looking for a confrontation, Do you really want to give it him when he has your phone number? and can publish it just like you published his info?.. I hate douchebags like this as much as everyone else here, but why invite trouble when you don't have to?

I think this particular douchebag would be a lone star even in the Lone Star State, where people are often pretty polite.

Many domainers never get out so they wouldn't know how genuinely nice people in the mid west and south actually are.. Were planning a trip from O.C. straight across the mid states ending in Nashville, Tenn. Then traveling the southern route back home, Really looking forward to it. :)

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yeah, lowballer Southerner domainers with a childish attitude are genuinely nice. I love them, I reckon.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, lowballer Southerner domainers with a childish attitude are genuinely nice. I love them, I reckon.

This is almost as asinine as someone going in your Patty thread and labeling all Floridian Domainers as crooks...

Were going to demonize the entire South because 1 douchebag made a low ball offer?... It doesn't get any more idiotic than that.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This is almost as asinine as someone going in your Patty thread and labeling all Floridian Domainers as crooks...

Were going to demonize the entire South because 1 douchebag made a low ball offer?... It doesn't get any more idiotic than that.

First off, it's not "my" Patty thread. Second, you need to lay off the 420. And third, you miss the forest by focusing on the tree. Glad we agree on the 'douchebag' part.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I doubt anybody in this thread sincerely dislikes all southerners. For my part, I spent 3 years in Charleston, South Carolina. And the people there were better than most of the places I've lived since.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, Eric is still trying to buy BuyCheapLand.com from me! Today his strategy was to email me and a few other domain owners with a truly enticing offer. He can trade one of the following gems:

faird.com
shrapnels.com
landkeep.com
landfever.com

Says Eric: "For whatever one you one, what will you sell it for AND what dollar amount of value will you trade for domains I have according to valuate.com?"

Remember, this is the eloquent prose style of an author who has recently been a guest on a well known Brooklyn radio show! He's also the guy who asked me to call him, hung up on me, subsequently held up the phone to the radio, offered $1, and followed it off with a few humorously botched insults.

I'm always looking for new ways to toy with Eric. So I wanted to find out what is going on in his head. He proceeded to explain that his 4 domains above are more valuable than mine and insinuated that I was lying about the number of domains I own. Definitely a good move for somebody who wants to do business!

In spite of myself, I found myself explaining that Valuate.com is not God's word unto man. And yet, Eric, undeterred, Eric, ever the astute negotiator, mentions another option ...

Here's Herm: "I was going to buy 5-6 other domains that have values of $1,000 on valuate.com

They are as follows

World-Island.com
Double-Talk.com
Drawing-Book.com
Selling-Short.com
remixmy.com

So like I said it is possible I could buy those domains and the ones i have and trade it to you."

What else can you say to that logic but this ...

Me to Eric Herm:

"Well, those last 5 domains you mentioned are actually superb. You should register them and offer all 9 domains in trade to the owners of [domains excluded to protect the innocent]."

Fingers crossed ... How long do you think it will take Eric to email you offering these gems in exchange for something you own? I love the idea that he would offer to register unregistered domains and give them to me in exchange for mine. Does he not know that I too can register them? Brilliant guy. I must go out and read his book.

Last edited:

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He bought it -- meaning he bought the garbage domains! Apparently the inability to detect thick irony goes hand in hand with the inability to understand the implications of rudeness.

Eric to Me:

"Yea I use a cool app on my iphone to find steals. Again, I am not a pro, but I am good at finding domians."

More Herm:

"OK Cool.. I just registered these 3:

world-island.com
double-talk.com
drawing-book.com

Also, do you think these are worth buying;

Cash-Capital.com
Linda-Jones.com
youlag.com
ToCant.com
mailrd.com
Night-Crawler.com
ftlot.com
remixmy.com
Selling-Short.com"

Me to Eric:

"Definitely!"

Wise words from a son of a farmer:

"Cool well i use an iphone app called Domain Hole.
It makes it simple to find good names."

So true ...

Me, full of gratitude for the advice:

"I'll have to check that out. If you register a bunch of domains with high Valuate.com appraisals, maybe I'll trade BuyCheapLand.com for the set."

For those of you who feel pity for Herm, let me point out that I very politely told him his domains were worthless, that he shouldn't buy domains based on Valuate.com appraisals, and explained why. He chose not to listen. Also, even after I asked him why I should help him when he hung up on me and attempted to be insulting, he couldn't be bothered to apologize or even answer that question!

Any guesses how much money Eric will spend buying junk to trade?

Last edited:

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Herm to me:

"I'm going to sleep talk to u soon."

... and visions of sugar plums danced in his head ...

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
First off, it's not "my" Patty thread.

You certainly made it yours with all the updates you provide.. Come to think of it, I know some genuinely nice people from Florida where Patty lives, so why not follow that by posting another asinine statement like;

"Yeah, scamming Floridian domainers with a childish attitude are genuinely nice. I love them, I reckon".?

It's NOT cool to degrade other people just because of one low balling douche.

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has turned into one funny thread. But, with post after post of wit and humor, someone is trying to trash this thread and to take this thread off track in a different direction.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You certainly made it yours with all the updates you provide.. Come to think of it, I know some genuinely nice people from Florida where Patty lives, so why not follow that by posting another asinine statement like;

"Yeah, scamming Floridian domainers with a childish attitude are genuinely nice. I love them, I reckon".?

It's NOT cool to degrade other people just because of one low balling douche.

Patty is from Seattle, fool.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
He bought it -- meaning he bought the garbage domains! Apparently the inability to detect thick irony goes hand in hand with the inability to understand the implications of rudeness.

Hilarious. Looks like you're one up on the Texan, I reckon. :D

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Patty is from Seattle, fool.

And living in Florida, just like the low baller lives in Florida, just like you live in Florida..

If your trying to convince me that all Floridians are idiots, your doing a good job of it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
And living in Florida, just like the low baller lives in Florida, just like you live in Florida..

If your trying to convince me that all Floridians are idiots, your doing a good job of it.

You mean "you're trying", I reckon. While the Queen's English isn't taught at American schools, at least learn to use the basic core of the language. It's a Naturalization requirement.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the guy is an idiot or is sycophantic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom