Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Men.com What a Joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked out the $1,300,000.00 site, men.com?

What a joke. If that site doesn't convince you the men.com sale was a scam, nothing will.

Note to moderators: I'm not bashing any DNF members. Last I checked, the self professed domain king was not a member here.

gogeorge

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like they have a lot of work to do.

You would think a men's magazine would have bought the name.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks a bit cheap and nasty. Their forum isn't too hot either.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gregr said:

What a joke. If that site doesn't convince you the men.com sale was a scam, nothing will.

Note to moderators: I'm not bashing any DNF members. Last I checked, the self professed domain king was not a member here.

I think someone has lost their mind.

Does anyone really believe after paying over a million dollars for a domain they would put up links to affiliate programs and use phpbb for their forum with a $2 logo?

Granted, he probably couldn't sell the name so he had to find a way to get free advertising but at least spend a little money and make it believable.

If you want to see REAL portals check out http://www.women.com or http://www.oxygen.com.

Men.com is nothing but a scam...

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks just like a few affiliate links, nothing much else.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
am I mistaken or was that "great deal" be paid in 6 installments , being the last $200k in may ?

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wolfis.com said:
am I mistaken or was that "great deal" be paid in 6 installments , being the last $200k in may ?

You don't really believe there ever was a deal, do you?

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When our new site is complete, this portal entrance will lead you to an exciting array of features just for men. Please enjoy our free dating section during our site upgrade.

Looks great, 90% of sites use a magasine layout, this is the net,
and a massive counter that goes up to 10 billion!! Only Britney
Spears has needed that so far. just for men! top stuff

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I do not have much info about the validity of this however maybe they need more time to put something together and they are using this design till they are done... :goofy:

Or maybe not ! :rolleyes:

NW

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what a crock of horse crap..I could do better then that with my eyes closed and I am not that good, they must have gotten the package of 160+ templates on ebay for $1.95 :p

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gregr said:

Gregr/NamePopper

Does he need to be a member here? This guy is pretty darn successful and I can understand why people take shots at him. Most people want to be number one, and until he falls from the ranks, do not expect any different type of behavior from people.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I remember Duke's article on DK, the people who were buying Men.com were going to pay in installments of over $200K per scheduled payment. Maybe they had an agreement, that nothing could go up until after it's paid in full??

Irregardless with what they do with the name, the NAME still is worth $1.2 million they paid. So the point here is moot as far as I'm concerned. If they do nothing with it, they could sell it in 2 or 3 years for a profit. Remember, premium com's are like prime retail space, that can be sold (for a profit), with nothing more than a shitty banner ad on it.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well izopod, the point is not moot because we aren't sure that there even was a sale at all. Schwartz likes to promote his domains, and it certainly wouldn't be the first time someone created a fake sale in order to get exposure. That is just speculation, as noone knows if it was a real sale or not.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who cares if it was a joke sale?. I mean seriously. Who cares?. And if so, why?

RMF

pam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The guy who purchased it posts on another board. What's there now is NOT the final product. His plans are very well thought out and will make him millions a year once the site is fully functional.

Can't blame him for tossing up a few affiliate links now, so many people are curious and the traffic alone is worth a lot, even if nothing of interest is up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom