Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.mobi General Registration resumes NOW @ lower prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cheaper prices now, have you been compiling a list?

Who has decided throw some money at .mobi again, how many of em?

Domain Summit 2024

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think something is wrong with GoDaddy's site right now guys.....go to moniker...hurry up, there are still some good ones left

*hint - numerical equivalents of premium names :tape2:

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godaddy has come up lame

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, what's the deal with their site? I just decided to go with moniker...I just regged about 8 names and their in the whois database allready, plus its cheaper than godaddy...Thanks Moniker

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wanted to toss some money into the ring, but all of the ones I wanted were already taken. Shouldn't have slept in I guess. Time to create a new list.

PerfectNames

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, what's the deal with their site? I just decided to go with moniker...

Is Moniker's minimum registration 2 years?

If not, where do you actually click to get 1 year from the home page (must be some menu option other then the "Bulk Mobi", because the latter forces you to choose 2 years)?

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is Moniker's minimum registration 2 years?

If not, where do you actually click to get 1 year from the home page (must be some menu option other then the "Bulk Mobi", because the latter forces you to choose 2 years)?

I believe its a required 2 year registration. I clicked the "Bulk Mobi" option. I didn't see anywhere else to order .mobis. Keep in mind that this is the first time that I've ever used Moniker for anything. I had been using GoDaddy, but after this incident, I'm considereing transferring all of my domains over to Moniker.

PerfectNames

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
2 years is minimum.

Thanks aZooZa / seanboy - that was quick!

What about ResellerClub - where do you go to get their best 1 year pricing and is it doable within a short period of time?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seanie,
i agree mate. i've always praised godaddy but they are being twats at the moment. especially their support.
i joined moniker today. lost the first domain as their default was set up to 1 yr not 2 & took payment but didn't reg & someone else slipped in. (need a refund)
anyway regged 11 more no probs, in account.
have a huge list of generics, names etc that are still not regged but gonna leave alone. got 25, it's enough on top of my monster other pile of standard doms.
sedo .mobi parking is not showing up properly on mobiles. what's the best parking service for .mobi?
Predator:bounce:

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seanie,
i agree mate. i've always praised godaddy but they are being twats at the moment. especially their support.
i joined moniker today. lost the first domain as their default was set up to 1 yr not 2 & took payment but didn't reg 7 someone else slipped in. (need a refund)
anyway regged 11 more no probs, in account.
have a huge list of generics, names etc but gonna leave alone. got 25, it's enough on top of my monster other pile of standard doms.
sedo .mobi parking is not showing up properly on mobiles. what's the best parking service for .mobi?
Predator:bounce:

I don't think anyone has .mobi parking set up correctly yet. Mine are parked either at godaddy, sedo, or moniker. Godaddy's .mobi sites are compliant, but no links to anything except godaddy.mobi. Sedo isn't compliant yet and Moniker doesn't appear to be either. If it takes too long, I'm just going to develop and park the sites myself. It really isn't that hard to develop a .mobi site (I've been testing using .coms and .nets for about a year now), but the problem is the ad links. Every one of the links on your mobi site would have to link to another .mobi compliant page. I think that is the big holdup on .mobi parking at the moment.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy at this time have dropped the ball. If you need something urgent in .mobi go to Enom. You can check the availability from the horse's mouth first at http://nic.mobi (top right whois tab). I lost one on Godaddy but got it with Enom a few seconds after.

Edit: Wrong thread, but never mind. Parking .mobi at NameDrive works fine for me.

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you have an example of a parked .mobi at namedrive that we can see?

Thanks,

seanboy

Godaddy at this time have dropped the ball. If you need something urgent in .mobi go to Enom. You can check the availability from the horse's mouth first at http://nic.mobi (top right whois tab). I lost one on Godaddy but got it with Enom a few seconds after.

Edit: Wrong thread, but never mind. Parking .mobi at NameDrive works fine for me.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I have to say I am VERY HAPPY with GoDaddy. I got all these about ten minutes after 10:00. I did get a few failure emails but 100% are in my account now.

batterypark.mobi (NYC)
bensonhurst.mobi (NYC)
brightonbeach.mobi (NYC)
cayolargo.mobi
cayococo.mobi
cruelty.mobi
flatbush.mobi
hearingimpaired.mobi
inspectors.mobi
isit.mobi
itch.mobi
lgbt.mobi (lesbian gay bisexual transgender, common term)
longitude.mobi
locationgames.mobi
murrayhill.mobi (NYC)
plu.mobi (people like us)
pugs.mobi
rtls.mobi (real time location services)
victorypark.mobi
buried.mobi
buriedtreasure.mobi
capeandislands.mobi
ecotour.mobi
ecotours.mobi
f**kbuddies.mobi
hazards.mobi
latlong.mobi
loca.mobi
locus.mobi
pathways.mobi
pointers.mobi
sherpa.mobi

I can't believe many of those we not taken pre-landrush unless I am just smoking my own dope and they are not good names.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"I can't believe many of those we not taken pre-landrush unless I am just smoking my own dope and they are not good names."

You said it! I can't see anything there of the remotest relevance to the extension other than rtls.mobi -- sorry to burst your bubble, but you did post the list here.

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It must have been just a problem at 10 am exactly. I gave up on godaddy 2 minues after 10 and went to moniker. I like "ecotours," by the way

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy was fine for me as well.

I picked up about 50 more including:

Federaljobs.mobi
Chicagoloans.mobi
Deadwood.mobi

Still many nice ones available .........................

Quality 3 letter seem pretty picked over..........

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
picked about 500 this afternoon/morning.. and i am about done.
yes i said five-hundred.. yes, im insane.

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow. That's a lot of clams. I wish I could cast that wide a net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom