Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.mobi idiots!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I going to stick with my lone .mobi name... but I'm thinking of investing on a premium when mobi comes out with the auction or however they plan on carrying out the sales of their premium ones.

Domain summit 2024

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we'll just have to wait and see..

at worst the .mobi's i bought are a pointless investment and ill be able to recover my reg fee...

and at best, well who knows.. thats why its fun watching.. unless of course you put up grannys family farm, the cat, and the cats prosthetic leg.
but anyway, time to turn some music on, inhale some cannabis and type in 500 names and come up with 2 1/2 decent ones..

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Numbers get shifted to the end in text-entry web browser mode... at least on my moto. Definately a pain in the ass to enter.

Try holding down the number on your keypad. If you do that for about 1 full second the number should come up. This actually makes typing in numbers on a mobile browser easier since you don't have to think about it (ie. is that 2 clicks, 3 clicks, where is that "g" anyway?).

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just want 1 .mobi domain...but it has to be the right one. If I can dev it and it can show me profit..then I would consider others. But has anyone considered what the click through rate would be on a phone? What if the phones come with ad blockers (which makes sense)?

I want a domain in this extension I know people would use and I can run. Other than that I think the majority of the .mobi names are worthless. If not for the high-price reg fee I think it would do better but for $60+ a pop you can't run around taking names on speculation. Easily you can burn a couple K for nothing.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still available (wow)

Mobiletelephoneinstructionalbooklet.mobi

Teneasystepstosetupyournewmobiletelephone.mobi

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
saw my first .mobi advertisment in business 2.0 magazine
was for CNNMoney .mobi , they are up and running.

If you start seeing .mobi sites advertised in many places the value of good .mobi names will go up. Will mobile users start doing type ins with .mobi for popular terms too?

I think if you choose short names and topics that relate to information someone would look for on their mobile, you have a good chance of getting good names.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone incorporated Google adsense into their .mobi site? Examples?

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't get adsense to work... I don't think phone browsers can accept and interpret the code. Affiliate Links and Parking ads work though.

GoPC

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will will come with a special kind of code for .mobi sites. I think they did something special for RSS feeds.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice link, thanks. Yeah, that's is adwords for advertisers and I have seen this already on cell phones. Which is good.

I am looking for ADSENSE capability for webmasters/developers which appears to be non-extistent thus far. I tried forcing the adsense code thru one of my .mobi sites (it works), but Google doesn't appear to be recognizing the traditional adsense publisher and client codes so can't derive revenue ... yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom