Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

auctions Money Maker PR5 TravelGuideShop.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had this site up for close to a year now. I'm consolidating my holdings and decided this one must go. I'm going to let this go to the highest bidder by Friday, July 15th. If the sale goes above $1,000 I'd prefer to use Escrow.com, I'll eat the fees.

The site is an AWS site. It's currently hosted at 1and1, hosting is paid up until the end of 2006 or shortly after. The buyer will get the login details to the hosting account, it's up to you what to do after that.

Revenue: I've sold approximately $5,000 in text advertising space on this site since I've owned it. Primarily, these were 12 month ads, so consider earnings from text ads around $415 a month. The majority of the text ads are up for renewal in January, or thereabouts. The new owner of the site will be expected to honor the term and renew the ads at your pleasure when they expire. Bid accordingly to this. I will provide you with the contact info and renewal dates for the advertisers. The site also is making $30-$40 or so a month in Amazon commissions. Add to that a few bucks per month ($5-$10) from Adsense.

Backlinks are either organic, link exchange, or from other sites I own. Inbound link exchange links will stay as long as you keep in place the outbound link exchnage links. Other links under my control, I'll keep in place for six months.

Bidding can start at one dollar.

cashable

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would love to see traffic as well. If I understand it correctly, all the links currently on the site need to stay. Does that include the links to the travel forums, etc.?

littlenicky

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please send me stats and referrals for the past 3 months.. I am interested.. Thanks..

Philippe

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see the stats as well, and know which links are link trades that must stay, which are yours.. so I know what to expect. Thank you!

petertdavis

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

petertdavis

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No BIN, I never sold a site like this one before. I'd rather let the market set the price, for better or worse.

Regarding the links, there's three groups there. The ones on top are to my sites, and are returned one from a PR5 and one from a PR6. That's where the PageRank comes from. The links in the left column are 'sponsors' or paid text ads. The ones on the bottom are Coop links and help out a lot with the search engines. It wouldn't make sense to me to the new owner to remove any of them, but the only real condition I put on the sale is to honor the terms of the text links sold. With those, as I stated, they mostly expire early 2006. So, figure six more months until you can collect on those again.

cashable

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$750 - any offer I make is based on you keeping all of your inbound links up as long as the three links to your sites are left up (rather than the 6 months as you mentioned before). If that is not acceptible, please let me know and I will edit my offer.

EddieUS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, please correct me if I'm not making an accurate assessment. The PR6 rating is due to in large part to your PR5 and PR6 sites pointing to it...which you will disconnect in 6 months. You have already collected the text link revenue for your current subscribers...so until we renew the text ads in January 2006 or unless we acquire additional text link subscribers we won't be generating any text link revenue...so the bottom line, the new owner will collect about $40 in Amaz! revenue and $10 in adsense once he/she takes over.

nextwave

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
does this auction have a end date/time so i can keep an eye on it >?

Thanks

petertdavis

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mouseketrips said:
$750 - any offer I make is based on you keeping all of your inbound links up as long as the three links to your sites are left up (rather than the 6 months as you mentioned before). If that is not acceptible, please let me know and I will edit my offer.
Thanks, the six month thing only applies to any non-reciprocal inbound-only links to the site that are under my control. These are of lesser importance than the reciprocals, just wanting to cover all bases here is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators